• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: HDS rotary high CRI

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hello fellow flashoholics! I have an HDS rotary with black bezel and flush button. This one sports a high CRI 3000K XPG. I did the swap myself, I'm pretty meticulous with my work, ask the many members here that I have had the pleasure to do mods for. It looks all stock under the hood and uses arctic alumina for good heat transfer. This is a solid light.

If anyone is familiar with the Mac tri EDC high CRI tint, this is the same. It's a bit more rosy then yellow like the normal XPG high CRI. It's my favorite high CRI tint out there. I've carried it only a couple times which leads to the reason for the trade. I'm a clip guy, and since the rotaries have no clip I don't ever carry

I like to add a small o-ring around the emitter to help close the gap of the reflector. It can be removed easily.

quhyha8e.jpg

zusa6a7y.jpg

vu2amave.jpg

a9e9yby7.jpg

I should also add that I added an olive drab paracord necklace to the light. Nice cobra stitch on the light body and lanyard knot at the end of the necklace. Ill leave this on the light, obviously very easy to remove.

nymesa5e.jpg

Edit: This is now for sale! $280 which covers fees and priority con US shipping. I should also add this light has been tested to put out 680mA on its highest mode. According to the Cree product characterization tool, this light puts out 181 lumens of high CRI goodness on high.

Thanks guys,

Frank

Last edited:

Flucero28

Enlightened
WTT: HDS rotary high CRI

Presumably, this would have been a Rotary 200. Henry list his Customs Rotary HCRI as 120 lumens.
Is this one putting out more than 120 lumens?

Correct, I purchased this rotary 200 xpg new but the tint was on the purple side and I couldn't stand it. It's putting out well over 120 lumens. I'd say it's around 200 lumens Easily, the tint is beautiful and color rendition is great. If only it had a clip. Anyone have A clicky version!?

Frank

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: HDS rotary high CRI

Frank, What about a Mac's Orange Cerokoted Edc...Robert

ffemt6263

Enlightened

Hmmm...i have a hi cri clicky with a 17670 tube....any interest??

nbp

Flashaholic
Correct, I purchased this rotary 200 xpg new but the tint was on the purple side and I couldn't stand it. It's putting out well over 120 lumens. I'd say it's around 200 lumens Easily, the tint is beautiful and color rendition is great. If only it had a clip. Anyone have A clicky version!?

Frank

Hey Frank,

I have a stock Clicky 200 XP-G with black bezel. It has seen very little use. I can look at it again but off hand I'd put it at excellent condition. I'd trade it for this modded Rotary.

Flucero28

Enlightened

Thank you all for your kind words I truly appreciate it. Robert I'm interested in the specs of the orange tri and can you please email me a couple pics? Flucero two eight at a o l dot com.

Frank

Flucero28

Enlightened

All,

I would like to sincerely thank everyone for the generous trade offers (and high levels of patience) I received for this light. I have found a Jetbeam tcr2 so now this rotary must go. Price is in original post and includes all fees plus USPS con US priority shipping.

Frank

Flucero28

Enlightened

It's yours Senna pp to the same email in which we have been communicating and ill have it on the way to you tomorrow, with tracking no.

Frank

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: HDS rotary high CRI

Bugger. Next time I see a WTT I'll offer to buy.

Congrats Senna94.