Surefire XM07 tailcap switch boot

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Does anyone know of a source for different sized rubber boots for tailcap switches? Let me explain. I have been repairing Surefire XM07 tailcaps that have arrived on a light, already broken in some of my buy's. Most of the time it's due to the boot becoming torn at some point and the user continuing, most likely a military type, to use until the switch fails due to dirt and grit causing a failure. The switch repair is actually pretty easy. But finding the size Surefire uses is difficult.
Most rubber boots commonly found are not as deep (tall) as what everyone else uses. The typical 18mmx14mmx8mm is one of the most common. Seems to be an industry standard between light manufacturers, both cheap and spendy. Surefire XM07 tailcaps use a 18mmx16mmx12mm boot.
Yes, I have called Surefire and they want nothing to do with selling me any. I have tried. So I thought maybe someone might have knowledge of a source that eludes me currently. I have looked at Fast Tech, Deals Extreme,Prometheus and several others offering parts. No one has that particular size since it is a rather deep boot.
Anyone with more industry experience know something they could pass along?
Thanks, John

Last edited: