LSH-P Model identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigzago

Enlightened
I just received my first Luxeon flashlight, an Arc LS second. It turned out to be an LSH-P which makes me feel fortunate indeed.

My question is this: the engraving on the flashlight says "LSH-P" while the handwritten label on the bag it came in says "LSH F-NAT-P". Does the "F" on the label mean that I got one of the fraen optic models (LSHF-P)? It seems to have a pretty tight beam, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Zigzago

Enlightened
Yeah, I was lucky. Very powerful, very white beam. I'm spoiled now. The only flaw I can see is that the tailcap annodizing is a lot lighter than the head. I'm more interested in how it functions, though. Can't wait for nightfall...

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
That's because there is nothing (off the shelf) that compares to a LSHF-P! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I recieved mine on Nov 25th. As far as I'm concerned, that was Xmas. Some may complain that the beam is too tight, but my tired old eyes appreciate every photon that comes their way.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zigzago,

When did you order yours? Haven't the Arc LS seconds been out of stock for some time now?

Billson

Zigzago

Enlightened
EvilLithiumMan - I hear you. I have a lot of 5mm LED lights but they always left me wanting something "just a little brighter." With this one, yeah, minimal sidespill, but what you're pointing at is lit up to the max.

Billson - I ordered on Nov. 22nd. It was on the FedEx truck 5 days ago but they didn't deliver because it had been sent 3-day delivery and only 2 days had gone by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Then the Thanksgivings Day weekend intervened. I had also heard that seconds were out of stock but apparently a few become available now and then as units are returned. You have to try to order one and then see if the quantity in your shopping cart is greater than zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.