Malkoff Devices M61SHO 219 question

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I love the 219 for it's color but always appreciate high brightness when needed. I have a regular m61 219 and really like it. However, I am always interested in more brightness! I've heard that the 219 isn't the most efficient emitter, anyone comment on the SHO version battery life and if the color rendering changes being driven at the higher level?

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the 219 for it's color but always appreciate high brightness when needed. I have a regular m61 219 and really like it. However, I am always interested in more brightness! I've heard that the 219 isn't the most efficient emitter, anyone comment on the SHO version battery life and if the color rendering changes being driven at the higher level?

I like the 219 dropins and have several of them. However I am going to sell my M61SHO 219. This is because I already have M91W which is even brighter and in my eyes very similar color rendition. SHO219 therefore feels superfluous for me.
I don't know about the runtime of SHO219.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I have a non 219 SHO and while bright, the tint is ugly. I rarely use it versus regular 61 or now M61LLL-219.
Hard to say, try both. Luxeon lottery still applies.

Eyco

Newly Enlightened
Hi is there anybody using the M61SHO 219 in matching Malkoff setup with MD4 body and 2x EagleTac 18650mAh Li- Ion rechargeable cells and could please tell me the runtimes on high mode and low mode? I want to compare those runtimes with the AW Li-Ion rechargeable cells data given in matching test provided by Jim B, who I do believe uses another name in here. Thank you.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I gotta say, my m61 219 is one off my favorites! Might try a high-low ring on it.

I have a few different varieties and I like that they seem more floody than most M61s. I can always tell which are the 219s right away by shining them on my ceiling and looking for the ring!