Olight s10 xml2 cw

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
Hi does anyone have the new s10 xml2 and if so is it the usual greenish tint or is it cool white...cheers

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 4

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if many have the L2 S10 yet. I have the L2 S15 and the new S20. While hints of green are there still, they are much improved on my samples.

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
I got my new s10l2 just yesterday and what bad beams said is spot on, the tint is 10,000 times better but there is still a small hint of green but it is hard to catch unless youre looking for it (like all us original s10 owners will). Overall I love the light just like the first one and fixing that bad greenish tint really makes this the ultimate keychain, small 1 cr123 edc light. Funny thing is, I got so used to the old button and low, medium, high, medium, low that the change to cycling back to low from high now seems weird on the light. The new switch is a wash for me, find it no better or worse than the original just different,perhaps better response and feel but no longer can glow.

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
the beam tint is very good cool white on the warm side & to my liking. In both S10 & S15 i only notice the slightest hints of green on white walls & only at close distance. i never noticed it until i looked for it after reading a post in this thread. I would not have known unless it was pointed out to me & i went hunting for a white wall.

the S10 2013 xml2 UI is not quite as friendly as the new S15 xml2 UI.

they both have anodized tailcap lockout but the S15 always remembers last mode when turned off by the switch & tail locked. it can sit for days or more (only had it a week) when turned off by either method & will always remember last mode used. not so with the S10. with a switch off & a tailcap lock out it will restart in low after about one minute . it can be started in high with two quick clicks but does not have last mode memory with tail lockout for more than a minute or so. I do not remember the time exactly.

i prefer tailcap lockout with the batons to avoid cycling from lowest mode when using switch lockout. at least with the S15 I can twist the tail tight & press the switch on it always comes back on in last mode used.

but i like the S10 for a smallish light using both rechargeable & primary 123. I can live with two quick double presses to get straight to high after a tai lockout. that is a minor complaint for a nice little light.

edit: the S10 does have last mode memory when turned off & on by electronic switch. the tint is on the warm side of cool. I do not see it as green exactly by it is certainly better than cool blue. Tint is not an issue for my eyes. maybe I am becoming color blind.

Last edited: