Jetbeam RRT-0 now upgraded to XML2?

jlomein

Enlightened
http://www.jetbeamlighting.com/JETBeam-RRT0-XML-flashlight.html

I noticed the above website claiming the RRT-0 has now been upgraded to XML2 and outputs 650 lumens. Is this true?

I currently own a Sunwayman V10R Ti+. I'd prefer a light with some more throw and an easier to turn control ring. I've read that the RRT-0 has a larger bezel, designed to be more throw oriented.

Will an XML2 RRT-0 out-throw a XML V10R Ti+?

jlomein

Enlightened
The RRT-0 with the tailcap switch. I believe the RRT-0 has a deeper reflector than the RRT-01? So it could possibly have more throw?

I'm also hoping more info comes out about the newest Nitecore SRT3 and how it compares.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't they squeeze out another 50 lumens for the RRT-01!

Another 100 lumen increase for the RRT-01 I wouldn't upgrade for, but certainly would for 150 more.

jlomein

Enlightened
catalog says RRT-0 XM-L2 (650lm) max beam distance 180m (with RCR123A battery), peak beam intensity: 5800cd

If those numbers are comparably accurate to Selfbuilt's testing, that would put the new XML2 RRT-0 as the best throwing EDC 1xRCR123 light without using an optic.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
If those numbers are comparably accurate to Selfbuilt's testing, that would put the new XML2 RRT-0 as the best throwing EDC 1xRCR123 light without using an optic.

Very late to the party! My XML rrt-0 OP is bright on aw imr, but the fit and finish don't feel as solid as the Jetbeams of "old". My Rrt0 is bright indeed, but has an interesting greenish yellow tint when compared to a Jetbeam pc10. Perceivable brightness on max is about even when the pc10 is on aw icr and the rrt is on aw imr. Seems to be right up around the 500-600 lumen range, but soon drops to more stable 400-500 lumens.

Also, based on some takedown pics, the head seems to be fairly hollow, mounted on a thin ish brass pill. Don't run the light for too high on turbo if you decide to use rcrs and not primaries or alkys.

rcr123 icr aw, voltage drops based on usage on highest for 1 minute: .07 v per minute. If cell is run from full to empty (4.2 to 2.9) roughly 20 minutes of runtime.

rcr123 imr aw, " " " " " ". Etc., .1v per minute, equating to roughly 13 min of runtime.

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hey guys, just noticed something unsettling about my particular rrt0. The serial number is exactly the same as a light that one of our members sold a couple months back, letter for letter. This worries me because ...if the light goes bad, what happens with any warranty issue?