V11R Questions

Ibex

Newly Enlightened
I just picked-up my first flashlight (Sunwayman V11R with Neutral White and AA extender) based on my research and feedback from folks here.

I have a few questions.

1. I have noticed some popping sounds when I adjust the brightness. Is is normal for LEDs to pop when the the level of power is increased or decreased?
2. Is there a DIY fix to get rid of the metal to metal sound from the Ti switch? I noticed there is an $40 kit but I am wondering if there is a quick fix that I can do.

Overall, I like the light and the neutral white. I have noticed that I have to really tighten the head; otherwise, when I adjust the variable control the light turns off. It seems to take just .1 mm before it goes off. Not sure if over tightening can lead to issues down the road or not?

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
As for popping sounds I'm not sure. I would like to see it, if you can take a video.

The rotary switch can be taken apart and new grease applied. Do a search I believe there is a tutorial. The metal switch can be polished on the inside to eliminate the gritty feeling and the noise.

Phantom309

Newly Enlightened
Mine came with the rubber clicky installed. The Ti feels much better to me. So I'm sure rubber switches are out there.

Ibex

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I will try to polish the inside and see if I get rid of gritty feel. The light did come with the rubber switch as well.

The popping sound is very low. Is occurs when I am increasing the brightness and I can hear the popping sound. If I increase the brightness slowly, there is no sound.

Am I also correct that there is no issue with running the light at max on a regular Eneloop AA battery? I should only be concerned if I use the 16340 or 14500.

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I will try to polish the inside and see if I get rid of gritty feel. The light did come with the rubber switch as well.

The popping sound is very low. Is occurs when I am increasing the brightness and I can hear the popping sound. If I increase the brightness slowly, there is no sound.

Am I also correct that there is no issue with running the light at max on a regular Eneloop AA battery? I should only be concerned if I use the 16340 or 14500.

I don't think you will have a problem with a AA battery. In general if the light is too hot to hold in your hand you need to either turn it off or use a lower setting.