Custom Surefire Thrower (Nice M3 Light)

Modder

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, this is my current collection: I bought the parts from anothr forum and some from eb*y also.
Modded the working KL5 head with a new emitter, and stock PCB.
Left one is a work in progress, I could use some help !

(pic link broken)
Surefire working KL5 head (Led modded to SSC P4 I think)
Leef 18650 Body with 18650 battery
Surefire E-type Tactical Clicky (Z49 ?)

(see pic)
Surefire empty M3 Head (aka Z46 bezel)
Surefire Weaponlight Extender ? (Surefire LU10 ?)
Surefire Tactical Clicky (Surefire SW02)

I modded the weaponlight-body so it could fit a SF tailcap-clicky.
Because it was not meant for this and the weaponlight tube did not have too much meat,
the tailcap only screws in half and requires an extra spring to make contact to the body.
(but it works)

Still figuring out what to put in the M3 (?) head: XHP50 or 70...
Which one would be best for max output and max reach/throw ?

IMG_9939sm.jpg

IMG_9940sm.jpg

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z46 Bezel as was common on M3 hand held lights and with many M9xx weapon lights, Lu-60 Collar tube (common on M962 WMLs) and that looks like an SW02 Switch.

That is an extremely nice lego right there!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for LED,

Well both of those will be very floody even in that bigger head. The XHP50 will be more intense, due to smaller die size and thus higher surface brightness. You won't get full brightness out of either LED, at least with the .2 versions and certainly not without a boost driver. The XHP 70 would make more output, given you can drive it hard enough with the cells you are using.

However for throw, I would probably go with something like the XP-L HI (which will do lots of lumens too) or an Osram CSLPM1.TG (aka White 2/ 2mm squared). Heck even a domed XP-L would be I think more optimal for both throw and output you may be looking for.

Modder

Newly Enlightened
As for LED,

Well both of those will be very floody even in that bigger head. The XHP50 will be more intense, due to smaller die size and thus higher surface brightness. You won't get full brightness out of either LED, at least with the .2 versions and certainly not without a boost driver. The XHP 70 would make more output, given you can drive it hard enough with the cells you are using.

However for throw, I would probably go with something like the XP-L HI (which will do lots of lumens too) or an Osram CSLPM1.TG (aka White 2/ 2mm squared). Heck even a domed XP-L would be I think more optimal for both throw and output you may be looking for.

Those are great led suggestions and I will look into them.
I would be using an 18500 cell with Boost driver (from mtn elect)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Stock head. Just dropped a lumens factory 800 lumens led in her. She's beefy. 😁

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Sorry No it's a single led tower. Mine is in 4000K and it's pretty awesome.

But you can put a D36 in it. Just gut it out and "I'm told " the D36 slips right in. That's what I was originally going to do until I saw this led.

Last edited: