Looking for good Midwest gunshows

tech

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here know of good gunshows (for picking up a rifle) in the midwest...preferable northern IN, IL, or southern WI?
I found some here:
IN gunshows , but don't know if any of them are worth a trip...I'm wanting to pick up a Ruger 10/22 for as good a price as I can....

Any info would be appreciated.
T.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Well, you just missed the Fort Wayne gun show.
I will say it was sparesly populated by both dealers and people.
That may have been because it was turkey weekend.

The only other viable option, as far as I'm concerned, is the Indianapolis show. However, there are different companies that do shows in Indy. I think one of them is much better than the rest. Let me look into it....

If your looking to purchase new, there are two dealers near me (Elkhart/ South Bend IN.) that have very good pricing. Midwest Guns is a large distributor that sells resale. The problem with them is that their show prices are better than their store prices and they won't give you show prices in the store. Another one is Guns Plus, who I have done business with. His prices are good and he will work with you to get your business. I thought Midwest had great prices and I decided to give these guys a try on a purchase. They beat Midwest's price right off the bat....

Both of these guys are at the Fort Wayne and Indy Shows. Midwest is by far the largest dealer. Guns Plus has worked their way into either second or third place on their selection. (Based off the Fort Wayne show I just got back from).

tech

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Floating Spots.
Do you know if either Guns Plus has a web site?
I think I found the one for Midwest guns...

T.

DBrier

Enlightened
Here is the big Gun Show in Indy, the 1500.
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/gunfax//wcgs/
If you are looking for a new 10/22 you would be better off just picking one up at a local discount store that sells guns. Galyans, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, etc.
By the time you drive to Indy, pay $3 to park and $8 to get in, you will have more than spent any savings you might have got. You are not going to find a ton of difference in price on $150 gun unless you are looking at one of the more special models.
10/22's are very plentiful guns. If you want a used one, check out the local gun shops and pawn shops, you can sometimes get them as low as $75.00.

Eric_M

Enlightened
The Lake County Fairgrounds in Northern Illinois has shows the second or third sunday of the month. I haven't been to one in a couple of years but they were very good the last time I attended.

Eric

tech

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tips folks.

I won't go out of my way for a used rifle, but because of where relatives live in IN some places are actually on the way.

Over thanksgiving I was dissapointed to see one MN pawn shop selling a used 10/22 for the same price as Cabellas is selling a new one...

We'll see...
T

Latest posts