Maglite Solitaire LED. No serial Number.

ericjohn

Enlightened
My Solitaire LED came in today. At first it didn't come on, so it took the head off and gave the light engine a litte push. That caused it to turn and thank God that it now works. My next problem is that it has no serial number at all. What is the deal with that? Could someone please explain so I will be able to register it? I would like Mag Instrument to see that I bought, yet another one of their fine products. I hope I didn't purchase a fake. It was the cheapest one on ebay. Set me back a whole $12.95 with free shipping while the others were at least $14.xx. Someone PLEASE help me figure this out...

Last edited:

Etsu

Enlightened
Not sure if this helps, but my regular Maglite Solitaire doesn't have any serial number that I can see. All my other Maglites do. I'm pretty sure my Solitaire isn't a fake, so perhaps Maglite doesn't have room to put serial numbers on their small lights.

However, I did read somewhere that the LED Solitaires are supposed to have serial numbers. If you're sure yours doesn't, I'd be a little suspicious, especially considering your other quality problem with it. I'm not sure it's worth faking such a cheap light, but I suppose if someone can make a buck doing it, they might.

ericjohn

Enlightened
Thank you everyone. I found it on my light just where the rest of you said it was. I almost needed reading glasses to make out the s/n. My serial number is SL 00153459. I am VERY happy to know that it is NOT a fake.

ericjohn

Enlightened
I wonder if Mag Instrument keeps a database of all the flashlights that have registered serial numbers. That way if one gets lost or stolen, it can be returned to the original owner. Every Maglite with a serial number that I owned has been registered to me. There were some D cell models that I originally owned and had given to family/inlaws. I also gave a 2 C cell model to a friend that I originally owned as well.