Foggy Night + Flashlights = Cool Stuff

walterwitt

Newly Enlightened
It was foggy outside, so I got my flashlights, went to the park, and took some pictures.

Flashlights used:
-Intl-Outdoor P-60 Dropin with XM-L2 T6 Emitter and textured reflector inside a Solarforce L2T host
-(Probably Fake) Ultrafire C33 With Aspheric Lens.

Pics
xUWQOSK.jpg

xUWQOSK.jpg

2N6iVDY.jpg

ezZaXXY.jpg

Kl5FudX.jpg

YZAN61X.jpg

Video

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. Thank you for taking the time to take and post the pictures and video.

The only thing better is a snow storm. Some of the snow flakes will be at the perfect angle to reflect the light right back to you.

Edit: Bugs are cool, too.
image.jpg

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did that once too with my aspherical Maglite with the same exciting results ;). Though with an aspherical lens behind your LED you don't really need a foggy night ;).

rayman

yowzer

Enlightened
I spend a lot of time every year in a very dusty environment. I've been using TIR lights (LX2, this year a M3LT) with mixed results at penetrating through. Maybe I should look into an aspheric...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics and video!

I don't get fog often enough here, but I guess I'll be looking forward to walking in the snow storms this winter... never thought about using lights when it snows.

While there are a few fog amateurs here, I'd like to re-instate an old request: if anyone has a lee filter sample book it would greatly be appreciated if you had the time to go out in the fog and figure out which color(s) work best to penetrate the fog. I bet a thread with pictures of that could become a sticky or at least be listed in the threads of interest sticky*hint hint*

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The answer is: surprisingly not that far at all unless you're pointing somewhat towards them. It all comes down to lux VS lumens and it is all filtered by the fog on top of that...