Ever find a light you thought you lost for good YEARS ago?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
image_zpsbfab16b5.jpg

About six years ago, I had a 3AA Minimag LED. And after having it for less than a year, it was GONE. I had no idea what happened to it, and figured I would never see it again. But after cleaning out a living room chair that nobody ever really sits in, there it was! I have to admit that I was VERY excited to find my old light. It's quite dim compared to my XM-L lights (like 3AA Dereelight Javelin, which is quite similar in form factor). But I remember it being REALLY bright for 2007. The only problem? I actually used alkaline batteries back then, and the batteries have leaked and swelled into the tube. Hopefully, I can drill them out. But even if I can't, I'm still glad I found the light, as I LOVED it back in the day. Have you ever found a light you thought was long gone?

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Yes, just recently! I had two Rayovac Roughnecks (2D and 3D) when I was a kid. We're probably talking over 15 years. I never knew what happened to them. During my recent move, I round a plastic tote with random kid stuff I had (baseball cards, silver dollars my aunt always gave me for birthdays, matchbox cars, etc) which also contained the flashlights!

I bought some D cells to try them out and all I can say is PATHETIC! Yes they're old incandescents but I can't belive the low output and useless beam on these things. I'll have to post some pics when I get some time.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost a Brass Peak Pacific CR2 about 5 years ago. Found it recently in an ammo can full of loose shotgun shells I had riding around in my trunk. I've been in that can numerous times but just never noticed the light. It was perfectly camouflaged among brass heads of the shotgun shells. I still can't figure out how it ever got there to begin with.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Technically didn't lose it. Thought dad had taken it with him on his way back to the Old Country. He lives there but visits here. Just yesterday I found it while checking the glove-box of the old family sedan for a water container. There it was! An old pewter 2AA Mini-M@glite with the OEM rubber anti-roll sleeve for the bezel. Nite-Ize 3-LED aftermarket drop-in and Nite-Ize black tailcap switch. (Yup, Old School.)

I was surprised to find it there. It was usually kept at the back of the kitchen, near the window sill. Batteries completely dead, but thankfully not leaked. Noticed the tailcap switch was loose as Hell. Good old dad ... he's still used to switching on a small flashlight by rotating either the bezel or the tailcap section. Despite the button being right there! Oh well, glad I found it.