anyone use Princeton Digital webhost? Help

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone uses Princeton, I may need some help. I have signed up for this host and I might need a tiny bit of help with a couple of things. If anyone can help, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Digital Princeton?? Wouldn't you know it--that's what CPF uses. Perhaps Sasha could help a bit, let me point her this way.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
the reason I went to Princeton Digital is because they are a CPF advertier and is what CPF uses. Plus a long time ago when I asked what to use, Sasha recomended them.

Greta

Flashaholic
Sorry I went to bed too early last night... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

What do you need Jon? They are an excellent webhost!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, I found where to create e-mail accounts, but it does not say how to exactly do this. Do I need to type in the full address and it does the rest, example... abc123 then it comes out as [email protected] ?

Once I get the e-mail address completed, where do I find the mailbox, I could not locate it anywhere. Since I could not find the mailbox, I could not find how to get e-mail forwarded to my regular e-mail account.

I know I will have lots of questions and will be bugging them too much. I thought asking the simple questions out here will save them from getting too annoyed with me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I have written two webpages for two classes years ago but I think I can do that part just fine....I think....but I had no set up to do so this part is all new to me.

Thanks again for any assistance.
Jon

Mutie

Enlightened
Every hosting service is different in how these things are done. I'm switching ours this week and I will have to learn everything over as far as account administration on our new host.

As to your email do you just want everything to forward to another address or do you want a separate mail box? Usually the procedures are different. It sounds like you are trying to set up a separate mailbox when what you want is for it to forward.

Mutech

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually hoping it would do both. Notify me in my regular e-mail and a record in my mailbox. It would be nice to have it in both places but I could live with one if I have to.

Mutie

Enlightened
Makes sense. However since every web hosting service has different ways of configuring their systems you will probably have to contact their tech support unless Sasha or one of the other admins here who deals with that can tell you.

Anything I tell you would be based on what I'm using or will be and is likely to be different on here than what I know. As it is I will be doing the same for our website and setting up email accounts for 30 or so of our band members with both forwarding and/or mail boxes.

Mutech

Greta

Flashaholic
I PM'd the information to Jon... he should be set now... unless he has any other questions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Mutiny Sfears said:
You rock Sasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, I was trying to find a a busy forum for webmasters to learn more about this side of computing. Just gathering general information and such.

Greta

Flashaholic
Jon... a site that I found that has helped me alot over the years is this one... http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/html-tutorial/ ... it even has pictures!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif ... Also, if you are using a specific software, usually you can find a forum for that software. For example, we use UBB Threads here at CPF so I go to the UBBThreads developement forum. I get alot of help there!

Here's another tip... don't use Front Page for a web design. I found that it caused more trouble than it was worth. Believe it or not, I use just plain old Notepad. NOT Wordpad but Notepad. That's where that html tutorial will come in handy. Also, don't forget to upload text in Ascii and graphics in Binary. That is often a problem that beginners are unaware of. That's also the problem with Front Page... when you pull a file from your server to try to "tweek" it, it can become corrupt because of the transfer protocol and you spend more time fixing the html than "tweeking" what you originally wanted to tweek.