• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB small UV light

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I am looking for something small, no bigger than AA, preferably AA or even smaller, titanium body and UV emitter. If you have something along these lines for sale, please drop me a PM.

Thank you.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It would help to understand the application because there is a range of UV LEDs available.

395nm - Near-UV, inexpensive and readily available, fluoresces most UV pigments but not some currency strips.
375nm - Shorter wavelength than 395nm, less visible light, a little more expensive, fluoresces more pigments and most currency strips.
365nm - Traditional "blacklight" UV, much less visible light, more expensive than the others, fluoresces everything except shortwave-UV pigments like those used in postage stamps.

If 395nm is good enough, you can find them at almost any larger auto parts store as A/C "leak finder" lights. They won't be titanium but they're penlight-sized.

archimedes

Flashaholic
McGizmo UV Sapphire might be available for custom order ... ?

EDIT - After a brief search, it appears that those might have only been mods and/or prototypes :eek:

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
arcflashlight.com/arc-aaa-uv.shtml

Arcflashlight makes a nice AAA UV light.

This WTB has been posted in the custom forum, therefore I'm presuming the OP is looking for a custom light, if not I can close this thread and the OP can repost in the Marketplace.

Norm