Colour tint on LSH F-NAT-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmie

Enlightened
Just received my LSH F-NAT-P. There seems to be a slight green tint to it. Just wondering if that is normal or not. Compared it to my buddys L4 and his has a whiter, violtet tint. I have a first run LS and has the "puke green" tint. When I compare the LSH-P with the first one it is whiter for sure. Doesn't have the puke green but nontheless still has some degree of green.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
My LSHF has a lovely clean white beam - only had it a week but i'm already very impressed with this little beauty...

This is my 1st ARC LS - my only complaint is that (especially) with the AA tail pack on it rolls off a desk rather easily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

kog

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a green tint too. Of course, it's a lot more obvious when you compare it to other LED lights, which all of mine are of the bluish, purplish tint.

My first LED light was from Reintec(sp?), the mag light drop-in, and it was terribly green. (I requested for an exchange but was ignored, so ain't buying nothing from them again.) My second one was the CMG Reactor III. Not having any other LED lights to compare, I thought it was the whitest light, especially compare to the yellow Maglite. Of course, since then, I have many more lights to compare with, and yes, my LSHFP has a green tint compare to my other Arc LS lights.

I think it's a matter of personal preferance. I don't need my light to be pure white, but greenish tint is probably on the bottom of my list of acceptable lights...

Charles

dark star

Enlightened
I just got a LSHF and it has a mint-green tint but is quite bright. Much better then the pea-green tint LSrev1 I have.

dlee96

Newly Enlightened
Mine is also green, but is only noticable compared to my 5watt LED lights. In sunlight it looks perfectly white and the 5watt lights look blueish.

-dlee

Tony_Britton

Newly Enlightened
I found with mine that it depends, as consultants like to say.

If I project it at a white wall then there is a slight green tinge to it. If I project alongside my TriStar then the Arc is noticably green (well sort of, I mean you can see it but it's not like pea soup).

However, when I use it for real (strangely and contrary to what my wife would say I don't spend a lot of time staring at white walls) then the Arc comes into it's own and does exactly what it say on the packet! It's a great EDC light. Who cares exacly what colour the beam is when you're outside lighting up the way home! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine`s purple. Mine are always purple /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It isn`t a bad purple though, I notice it most during daylight but in the dark where you`re meant to use flashlights, it looks decently white enough.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is slightly violet, that can be seen under the right conditions. I'm one of those who think white LEDs are an urban legend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think under the right conditions you can see a tint to even the whitest of LEDs.

snuffy

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sean said:
I think under the right conditions you can see a tint to even the whitest of LEDs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Truer words were never spoken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have an LSH-P and ab LSHP-F, and both of them have nice, snow-white beams, with no purple, blue, rotten cat urine green, or yellow tint to them whatsoever. Maybe I just got lucky or something.

briteguy

Newly Enlightened
Mine is so white, it seems to paint the wall whiter. It makes KL-1 blue...
Then I got my LSH-S, it is white, I would say it is more of a natural white, not a blue tint.
Should we say the LSHF-P an Ultra white? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i second what sean said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif an LED that seems pure white at night might look slightly purple or pink tinted in daylight, whilst a LED that seems pure white in daylight usually seems a bit green or yellow tinted at night. i usually prefer either a slight blue or green tint. generally LEDs with a slight green tint seem white under most ambient lighting conditions. i hate the purple or pink tinted LEDs though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
i second what sean said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif an LED that seems pure white at night might look slightly purple or pink tinted in daylight, whilst a LED that seems pure white in daylight usually seems a bit green or yellow tinted at night. i usually prefer either a slight blue or green tint. generally LEDs with a slight green tint seem white under most ambient lighting conditions. i hate the purple or pink tinted LEDs though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's pretty much what my eyes see too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
My LSHF-P is extremely white as is my LSH-P. Both are very nice lights indeed.

bttoma

Newly Enlightened
Just got my lshf-p today. The beam has a greenish tint, especially when held side-by-side with my trusty lsh-p, which is the whitest led light I have seen. I'm sure it will take a little while before I decide which will end up being my edc light.

pyro

Enlightened
Mine is very white,
(okay, if you WANT to find a colour, a very little green)
and very bright too.
Makes my loved LSH-S look like crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif!

Status
Not open for further replies.