:bow: :bow:

Mark_Larson

Enlightened

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
I thought my pictures would be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The macro shot of the optic shows it to be a Fraen low profile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Enjoy, I've just put those in several of my luxeon lights with great effect.

Your pictures are appreciated! Everybody was just stunned into silence. The millions of emails you're going to generate to CNCDan will probably follow shortly in the thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Mark,
I liked your pictures. You make me want that 123. Did you polish it or was it shiny when you got it.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
It was that shiny. You don't know - my girlfriend is currently pissed off with me for not letting her keep it in her purse and show off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's how shiny it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe if i generate enough emails to him i'll get his next light to photograph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_Larson said:
It was that shiny. You don't know - my girlfriend is currently pissed off with me for not letting her keep it in her purse and show off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's how shiny it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, Mark, you're lucky! My wife is the opposite. She doesn't appreciate my addiction to [..err appreciation of ] lights. Despite the fact I bailed her and many others out in many flashlight emergencies. In fact, she may very well be planning an intervention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Maybe soon I can get her hooked before that happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[But that is another thread/forum]

Hey, great pix! And great work, Mark!
Danno

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark:
I also appreciate your photos, especially the first one.
Question: Is the Dorcy unmodified? (If it is, perhaps a beamshot from 8 to 12 feet away would better highlight the difference in output between the two.)
I have both lights... don't remember where I tossed the Dorcy, but the CNC-123 is in my pocket!

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Now i'm finding that the only thing wrong with such a nice and shiny light is that i don't want it to get scratched. :-/

So i'm trying to keep it in a pocket that doesn't have anything else to scratch it or spoil that beautiful cylinder of photons. I'm also thinking of getting the beadblasted octagonal battery tubes when they're available, with the kroll gard that has a lanyard hole drilled. (Can you tell i'm deathly afraid to **** it up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif )

Now i know how people with Brass Fireflys feel. All warm inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've also put a piece of Scotch Magic Tape over the head to not let the optic get dirty or the bezel scratched when i put it head down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_Larson said:
Now i'm finding that the only thing wrong with such a nice and shiny light is that i don't want it to get scratched. :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mark,
I would be afraid of scratching up the finish of a nice light like that, too.
So, I have a suggestion. I EDC my Dorcy 1AAA in a sheath. [nowhere near as nice as that light.] I used to carry it on my keychain and then clipped to the inside of my pocket. Whenever I took it out, it was warm from my body heat. I don't think that's good for the alkaline battery. But more importantly, the light got really scratched up.
So, I got a small sheath at W&lMart for under $3. It's small enough for my light and my CRKT knife. The light is readily handy, safe from scratches and not overly heated from my bodyheat [even though your light uses a lith 123 which isn't affected as much by heat.]
Just a suggestion.
Here are some pics...
1st pic.
2nd pic.
Last pic.

I saw your new light next to the Dorcy 1AAA. It seems that it would fit nicely in the sheath by itself since it is a lil wider in diam.

Danno

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Danno, that sheath looks good, but i don't know if i want to carry something on my belt.

More importantly, i'll have to wear a belt no matter what. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I'll try it anyway. Where do i find it at Walmart? Does the sheath have smooth insides? (I don't know if rough nylon will scratch and dull the finish)

Thanks!

danielo_d

Enlightened
Mark,
The sheath is very cheap, er inexpensive. It's smooth on the inside. It costs less than $3 and I found it in the camping section. You could look at it before buying it, of course. Let me know how it turns out.

Good luck!

Danno

danielo_d

Enlightened
Actually, it's a just a regular 1AAA Dorcy. [my Poorman's ARC] A real ARC is on my X-mas wishlist. [Pls, Santa.]

Well, to be fully truthful, it's a poorman's mod, too. I added an optic to it. It increases the throw about 40% and still has sidespill to walk by in the dark. I also added the clip to it which is nice. You can use a Mini-M&g 2AAA clip that fits nicely.
The rubber grips were worn and I got tired of it slipping and folding, so I removed them.
So, it's a poorman's mod of a poorman's light! [Decent light for the price to begin with, don't you agree?]
Thanks!

Danno
[ ***EDIT**: Didn't notice the Graemlins until now to note the er... sarcasm ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
But if no sarcasm was intended, I can make you mod a oneoff just for you. Paypal waiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif