No More Lights until Something Remarkable Comes Out

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have Olight S10 Batons...the new models 400 Lumen... on my belt and in wifes purse. Have a Fenix TK75 for our woods, and a Nitecore EC25 in the car. I refuse to buy another flashlight until things take a big boost. I just bought a Fenix PD35 expecting big things from all the hype and it is not as nice as my EC25. Just Sayi'n!

fredted40x

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping the sr96 is going to be good.

Brought the D25c and then the tm26.
Wasn't too impressed with the tm26 and returned as it had a broken screen. Think with all the reviews I was expecting something as bright as the sun so was disappointed at 23:30 when someone was in our garden and turned it on for the first time.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up the EagleTac SX25L3 MT-G2. Maybe not remarkable but very impressive light pattern, build.
Never owned a light with such an abundance of solid spill. Hard to describe. If I was in Law enforcement this is the light for sweeping a building, alleyway.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i find the new lights by Nitecore, the P15 and P16, really remarkable!!
also Ricky from Lumapower posted finally a new product by Lumapower, the CT One, see CPFMP.
absolutely stunning!!

now it's time again to enlarge your collection!! :devil:

holylight

Enlightened
What information you have with p15 and 16. Is not really a nice name for a new release light since they have p25 out.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can google < nitecore p15 site:.de > to find some pertinent info.
absolutely remarkable new lights by Nitecore!!

btw you're offtopic ;)

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
In the last month I have added a EA4, EA8 , TK70, TK75, TM15, TM26 and EC25 to my collection. Kinda want a RC40 but the battery pack is making me hold off. I want to use my own cells. Otherwise I think I would like it.
But yea, seems like things have settled down as far as output. Who knows what they will come up with next.

But with the lights I have it will have be be something more than just adding another XML. I would like to see a major improvement in efficiency. Heat is still a problem on the small high output lights. I find the TM26 unusable due to heat. Not much good to have a high output light that you have to run in lower levels to actually use. I like the TM15 much better and it seems as bright.

jellydonut

Enlightened
I haven't bought anything for ages, because I pretty much have what I need.

The last thing I bought was an XM-L2 module to upgrade. I foresee that my next purchase will be a new module whenever Cree or someone else releases a new top tier emitter.

That is, unless someone decides to take up the torch of Don and Surefire, and make more staged or PD lights. Most of my lights are lacking in good user interfaces.. and so are all the lights for sale nowadays. :sigh:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
We're likely past the inflection point on LED efficiency improvements - expect the brightness or runtime bumps to be smaller and to take longer.

Currently, R&D seems to be directed at cost reductions, ruggedness enhancements, and color rendition. I find the last one most interesting since I would like my next significant LED flashlight purchase to feature a neutral tint with excellent color rendering while being at least as capable as the PD35. I don't expect the LED/flashlight manufacturers to fall all over themselves to produce this since 2700K and >5000K are the color temps that get all the attention for fixed lighting with 2700K for color-sensitive applications and 5000K for efficiency (in America, anyway). The rise of 3000K LED light bulbs is heartening since those could possibly morph into something closer to a very neutral 3500K in time.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been trying every new light in my preferred niche in an attempt to improve upon my favorite EDC, which has been out for 2 years now - and I have a flexible budget. A few have come close, but most are disappointments.

Time for me to stop searching for a while too.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, the Nichia 219 is the biggest advancement in LED since the XPG. Buy a Nichia 219 light, or have an existing light modded with one, and you will be REALLY impressed with the color rendition. It isn't the brightest or a thrower by any means, but for every day use it is amazing.

davyro

Enlightened
I'm still using the same EDC lights in rotation i've used for the past 2yrs & i don't see anything that would improve on the lights i'm using enough to spend money on,i'm buying a 2xc123a size light as i feel i need a decent one at that size other than that i'm totally covered for a good while yet unless like you've mentioned something a bit special comes out.

wjv

Enlightened
No More Lights until Something Remarkable Comes Out

Feel the same way, though I'm NOT a lumen chaser. .

I prefer lower output lights with longer run-times, but not sub-lumen lights. I'd be happier if the companies started focusing on run-limes and not on who can get the most lumens out of a light.

Problem is, I already have many lights with similar specs. So until someone can come out with a light that will give 100 lumen (OTF) for a REAL & BELIEVABLE 10+ hours (to 50% not 10%) on a single AA or CR123, I have little need to buy more lights. :(

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been oogling the Eagletac SX25L3 with mtg2 and the Sunwayman C21c for the red xpe2. Those are the two I'm obsessing about.
After that I dunno, maybe wait for a quad MTG2, mounted on copper will be the next leap?

Last edited: