Malkoff M60 Lens popped out

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Already emailed Gene... he responded on a holiday! THAT'S customer service!)

So yeah, heard a rattle in my Z3, took out the module and the lens, the little clear plastic cone, popped right out. Maybe banging around in my bag for last couple of years loosened the ring around the edge that keeps it together. Anyway, I'm going to send it to Gene in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I resurected ye olde P90 from back when primitive man used to run electricity through a wire until it burned, creating light.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M60F frosted cone len popped out too a few weeks back. It was banging around in a 9p host for at least a year. All I did was push the len back in place. Been a few weeks and it works fine.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M60F frosted cone len popped out too a few weeks back. It was banging around in a 9p host for at least a year. All I did was push the len back in place. Been a few weeks and it works fine.

I can push it in place, but it wiggles its way back out. The three little plastic latch points around the edge are pretty worse for wear. I figure I'd rather have the man himself check it out. I could epoxy it in place, but then if the light engine goes and Gene has to repair it, he'd have to destroy it to get it out.

Thanks!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, thanks for the update. My fear is if I send the M60F in, it'll get replaced with a M61. The M61 is nice, but I have several of those already and I only have one M60F.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you choose to send it in, make your concerns known up front. When I emailed Gene, he replied 5 hours later on a holiday to tell me if I send it in, he'd be glad to reinstall it for me. I think if let them know you want the same module, they'll do all they can to take care of you.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the meantime, I resurected ye olde P90 from back when primitive man used to run electricity through a wire until it burned, creating light.

haha, thanks for the good laugh! also jealous of your Z3.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you choose to send it in, make your concerns known up front. When I emailed Gene, he replied 5 hours later on a holiday to tell me if I send it in, he'd be glad to reinstall it for me. I think if let them know you want the same module, they'll do all they can to take care of you.

I am quite certain Gene will have some lens to fix yours up.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to him on the phone. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but Gene is AWESOME. He's going to glue it in, and hook me up with a spacer because I like to use mine in a shock-isolated bezel. First rate customer service!

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent! Good to hear. That is the way customer service should be conducted by all businesses. He is the best! :D

Latest posts