Questions about old style Surefire M6

DrBay

Newly Enlightened
Hello: I have the old style M6 with the 6 battery carrousel. I bought it approx. ten years ago. The high power bulb burned out. The lower powered one is just okay. Are the high power bulbs still available? Can this model be upgraded in terms of its bulb? Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, there are many upgrade options for that particular torch, although some of the upgrade (modified) parts are no longer available and may be difficult to find.

The two links already posted above are filled with useful info for you ... :)

Another newer option, not listed there, is the Malkoff MD60 dropin "tower". That would be an excellent choice to consider, if you'd like to convert it to LED.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

325addict

Enlightened
The best and cheapest mod there is: the Mdocod 2X 18650 battery holder! Will work with MN15 and MN20 perfectly. This battery holder is really affordable, and 2 or 4 of those 18650s are available anywhere too. Finally, guilt free Lumens for your M6. Now you can REALLY start to enjoy your M6 without constantly thinking: "oh, no, those batteries are expensive!!"
As already mentioned before, Lumens Factory makes some GREAT bulbs also, the HO-M3T being my absolute favorite bulb for the M6 combined with 2X 18650. It draws 2.0 Amps if I remember correctly, and a decent set of 18650s gives you a full hour of runtime, without drawing them completely (this is VERY bad for any Lithium ion cell).
It's bright, has tons of throw (more than an MN20!) and not too much current draw. The perfect blend!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best and cheapest mod there is: the Mdocod 2X 18650 battery holder! Will work with MN15 and MN20 perfectly. This battery holder is really affordable, and 2 or 4 of those 18650s are available anywhere too. Finally, guilt free Lumens for your M6. Now you can REALLY start to enjoy your M6 without constantly thinking: "oh, no, those batteries are expensive!!"
As already mentioned before, Lumens Factory makes some GREAT bulbs also, the HO-M3T being my absolute favorite bulb for the M6 combined with 2X 18650. It draws 2.0 Amps if I remember correctly, and a decent set of 18650s gives you a full hour of runtime, without drawing them completely (this is VERY bad for any Lithium ion cell).
It's bright, has tons of throw (more than an MN20!) and not too much current draw. The perfect blend!

+1 to what he said !

I have one for my M6 too - and I run either a HO-M3T or IMR-M3T bulb from Lumensfactory.
the IMR-M3T is right on the limits of being safe with a 2600mah liion (I use AW Cells) but is perfectly fine with IMR cells.
I also have a Lumensfactory P7 Seraph head that just threads straight on, and pushes 700ish lumens out the front.