Tigerlight holster ?

B

Bubba

Although I have not received them yet, I just purchased one 8" and one 11" Tigerlights from Dan at www.tacticalwarehouse.com. I've looked all over the net and no one makes holsters specifically for Tigerlights. If I could cross-reference the size with a Surefire or Streamlight, then I would know what to buy. www.tigerlight.net sells some but I'd like something more like this: http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co86/co86.html
OR
http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co130/co130.html

Does anyone own a Tigerlight that fits in a holster designed for another brand?

Any recommendations appreciated. Leather is fine.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Our Security guard ordered something with a sleeve designed for a Mag D cell. It's not in yet, but hope that works. I will post if it does.

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
DD and Onyx speak of this:
http://www.niteize.com/gnclip.html
Gdfeat.JPG

but I use one of these for my TL+OC:
http://www.niteize.com/lring.html
lrfeat.jpg

wink.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inverse Square ...Those look cool. Thanks for postin'. I'm gonna have to pick myself up a few for my FBOP Tigerlights and maybe some of my other lights too.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tigerlight sells a leather one for about $10. The belt ring for the Mag D works well. TX

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I find the Blackhawk M6 holster that Al mentioned more comfortable than the ring type holders. The light is held securely and rides higher so it doesn't bang against your leg, in addition to being fully protected.

Even though the FBOP is slightly longer than the
M6, the Backhawk fits it almost perfectly.

Brightnorm

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard the Mag D-size holster rings work well.
Grainger has them (part 4V029) for $6.77. Grainger isn't known for their low prices, but they'll likely be in stock and shipped fast.
4v029.jpg

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by binky:
I heard the Mag D-size holster rings work well.
Grainger has them (part 4V029) for $6.77. Grainger isn't known for their low prices, but they'll likely be in stock and shipped fast.
4v029.jpg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just started using these for the FBOP. I use two together and the Tigerlight fits neatly into the lower ring and goes right into my left front pocket for a surprisingly comfortable and unobtrusive carry. It's actually comfortable enough for EDC, as long as the length is just right so that the light is supported primarily by the belt, but stabilized and hidden by the pocket.
I don't think this would work for the OC version, but if you have unusually deep pockets it just might.

Brightnorm

TOB9595

Enlightened
Home Depot has the mag ring for ~ $5.00. I used this for a carry till I was bounding down some stairs and the TL fbop flipped out of the ring and onto the ground.
frown.gif
Surprised me that it could flip out.
I'm not greatly impressed by the anodizing of the tl. I think it chips too easily.
Brightnorm, What's the purpose of the double ring? I can't visualize it as yet.
Tom

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
I used a D ring for my mag, stream, and then my TigerLight. I have been in numerous foot chases, and had my lights flip out of the D ring. In fact an officer at Portland PD had his flip out of his D Ring and an onlooker stole the light as he chased the bad guy.

Brightnorm has the best method. It is less likely to take a trip if it is tucked in a pocket. My uniform pants have a sap pocket and I tuck the end of my 11 into the sap P.

My D Ring was taken by detectives in one of my Deadly force situations. In fact the whole uniform, belt and all. Blood all over it. Don't worry, in Portland it is standard proceedure to treat police Deadly Force the same as a homicide. After that I started puting it in my pocket. Never replaced it, I am thinking about buying the leather ring from TL when I get a raise.

Just a little TL history. G'Day

Tombeis

Enlightened
Blackhawk has two Nylon carriers for the Maglite that will hold most flashlights of the Mag size including the Tigerlight.

The first is a simple loop with a belt loop attachment. The second is a loop with a Velcro closing flap which prevents the light from leaving the carrier while running.

Check the Blackhawk website through www.tacticalwarehouse.com for a 20% discount on Blckhawk equipment

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by TOB9595:
.....Brightnorm, What's the purpose of the double ring? I can't visualize it as yet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's just a crude, temporary way of getting a little more length so that the TLight will sit deeper in my pocket.

BN