Blackshadow Eva [AAA, single mode, twisty]

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link to that fine review. Seems ok, nothing special. While I appreciate the heavy duty lug, which will be excellent for use on a keyring, I'm not a fan of this design, mainly because I really do use all my lights in the tail standing position...... a LOT, and that just doesn't look stable enough.

And, even though I also appreciate the simplicity of its single level driver, I've also found that I NEED multiple output levels, even on my keyring light. I typically use the medium mode on my Fenix LD01 (it comes on in the medium level), but there have been plenty of times when I found the low level to be more appropriate.

Anyway, it's a cute little AAA keyring light and I'm sure it will work well for somebody.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a weakness for AAA lights and I have an Eva. Derek Dean pointed the two weaknesses of this otherwise very nice light. It doesn't tailstand and it is single mode. I think it might be a good light to mod, but I've never gotten around to doing anything with it. I stuck an Energizer lithium in it and put it in a guest room.

Edit: I also prefer SS lights for key chain duty. There are recent posts on a thread about the Solarforce X3 - another single mode light that doesn't tailstand. But it is SS.

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one (just now) to play with. As others have noted, it's lacking several critical features for a well-rounded utility light.

But as an emergency pocket light, it has a lot of promise. Much like the Thrunite Ti "S" AAA light, it won't be your go-to light for most tasks. But for navigating a dark path in the woods, or inspecting dark spaces at close quarters, I think it's got excellent potential - much the same role as the Streamlight Microstream, sans clip and tail clicky. :D

On the bright side (pun!), collecting AAA keychain lights is a far cheaper hobby than some I've had in the past. :devil: