SureFire Question(s)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Will an A19 fit the G2? I realize it's aluminum vs. the G2's Nitrolon, but I could not locate an extender made from G2 material.

Also if I ran the P91 in the G2, how would the heat affect the it?

TIA for any replies...

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about using an AN14 (which will be a bit too long) and then making a small spacer to make up the difference?
It's nylon to match the G2 and comes in all 3 colors.

Rifter

Enlightened
The A19 will fit the G2, my GF has a G2 and is running it with the P90 Lamp. It looks a bit funny since the G2 is green and the A19 is black but oh well. I would not try the P91 unless you switch to a differnt bezel(my GF is using my M2 bezel). I hear the P61 can melt the G2 bezel if left on for more than 10min or so, i would think a P91 would fry it even faster. I would use a bezel thats metal and has pyrex(think C2) if you wish to use the P91.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks guys, and THANKS Al, for sending me these pictures:

fcb83570.jpg

fcb822a5.jpg

Fortunately my G2 is already black so it should match up quite well with the second picture. I will probably just get a glass lens from somewhere that fits the G2 bezel.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Charlie:

The Bezel with lens for the G2 was $4.95 from Brightguy.

I am not sure greg has the G2Z Pyrex bezel yet, but he could order it, I am sure.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Greg, tkl, Rifter, Al, Tombeis, Stingray, and SFM6, Thanks again for all the great answers and help. I was originally thinking about getting a "Borofloat"(?) or SuperClear(?) lens of the proper G2 diameter? Am I saying these names right? And where have I hear them from? I peruse everything here and read all the words, and then just as quickly forget where I found everything...

It's just that if the lens alone is only a buck or two, I really do not need an extra bezel since the replacement glass lens will be permanently mounted (no reason to go back to Lexan).

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Okay forget the last post, just found the site ( www.flashlightlens.com ) and at $7 bucks a lens (and not even sure they carry one to fit the G2), I guess I go to Greg Atwell (BrightGuy)...

Thanks again guys.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for trying B@rt -- but hey I went to BrightGuy and they only seem to have the Lexan one at $5.70 -- where do you get the bezel w/Pyrex lens? Do I have to go through SF and will it have to be the hex'd G2Z?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Charlie,
since you are a "born modder"
yellowlaugh.gif
, why not get an UCL lens and cut it to the proper size?

(be aware , I don't know anything about SureFires, but since the pics make me believe it is an threaded bezel, you might get away with small thickness differences..
rolleyes.gif
)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Rifter,

Thanks, more than I should spend, guess I'll just run it intermittently.

Hay B@rt -- you think I should *cut* glass? In a Round shape??? Haw! Wish I had the right equipment...hey, mebbe I could cut it straight edged (whatta concept!).

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
.....guess I'll just run it intermittently.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Charlie, that's how I've been using it with no problems.

I never even thought of using the SF tactical lights for sustained burn. That's where the Tigerlight shines.

If you want a 6P or similar sized light for sustained burn you might want to look at the thread below. Li-IONS plus charger plus special lamp may give you 40 minutes of bright light in a rechargeable. Of course you would need the pyrex lens, but it would be worth it to have a non-fading light.

CPF THREAD: COPIA LIION + WOLF-EYES LAMPS

Brightnorm

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Charlie,

I am going to the Crossroads show in Phoenix on Feb 22, and AGR is always there. If you want, I can pick you up one and send it on the slow boat to save you some money...