New LedLenser LS with 3xAAA / 3xAAAA / 2x123

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just fresh from my local Ledlenser dealer:

He got their latest models which seem to include one driven by 2 x 123 cells, one with 3 x AAA and another with 3 x AAAA cells. No other information available at this time.

Just FYI

Klaus

Kiessling

Flashaholic
the 3xAAA should be the V6:
fb9f5aa3.jpg

the 3xAAAA is the V10 Power Chip:
fa80a540.jpg

those are stainless steel lights with battery holders. The V6 is not a too good quality whereas the V10 is nice ... BUT I'd not advise to buy either of them since there are too many drawbacks. The V6's threads are wobbly and the (Fraen) optix unprotected, the V10's optix are unprotected, too, but worst of all, to turn it on you have to rotate the bezel, and try that on a non-knurled light with a rather stiff turning action! not too cool. In addition to that they are not waterproof.

read more here and have a look at beamshots, too. The V10 uses an optix similar to the Fraen LP with a very narrow beam with almost no sidespill.

KLaus, I'd very much like to know more about this 2x123 light you mentioned ... correct information about LedLensers is very hard to come by, I do not have a reliable source right now. Do you?

Thanx!

bernhard

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhard,

the guy handling the flashlights in that shop just ran by me today and stopped for a second mentioning that those had be in, are sold out, will be back again and that I now no longer can brag with my nice ARC and Surefire lights vs his LedLensers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I didn´t wanted to frustrate him too much and just mentioned the lack of regulation ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I´ll be back there probably tomorrow and will try to get more information for you

Klaus

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Thanx Klaus! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
And while you're at it, could you ask him how one can find out about new LedLensers being released? I have no source at all, their website is crap, the catalog is old, my dealers do not know, I just stumble across the lights on e-bay, in stores and here on CPF lately, as youo may have noticed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

EDIT: be nice to that poor man and do not destroy his illusions like mine have been since I arrived here on CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes and Yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bye for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klaus