Zebralight Production Problems?

turf

Newly Enlightened
Zebralights are my favorite flashlights and especially headlamps for the money. Anyone notice that they are getting hard to find? They have in stock 3 flashlight models on their website. The only headlamps they have in stock on their website are AA floods. The other ones they list on their website (a total of 4 flashlights and 9 headlamps) all say either "Out of stock", "Not for Sale", or "Pre Order." What is going on? Are they having production problems?

I live near goinggear in Atlanta and last Christmas they sold out of all their Zebralights, every single one, and have not been able to get any in stock since then. I might snap up a couple on Amazon while there is some old stock still available but if they are going out of business perhaps I should be looking for another brand.

MattSPL

Enlightened
They are releasing a range of new lights, so seem to have sold all current stock before releasing the new models.

turf

Newly Enlightened
That's what the folks at Going Gear speculated last November when their stock was running low. It seems like stopping production for almost a year is a bit excessive.

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
It seems like stopping production for almost a year is a bit excessive.

Why do you think they stopped production? Still a few new lights came out this year and I had no problem getting them as soon as they came out.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've always joked about their website over the past 1-2 years. You would go out there and of the 12 lights or so displayed on the main page, 2 were in stock. Everything else was backordered or not for sale. They finally got rid of the Clearance section which was NEVER updated, and moved the instock items to the front page (usually).

I didn't think they were shut down, but this definitely explains all that. Or sometimes I wondered if Zebralight is just two guys in a 500 sq. ft. stripmall space somewhere with a couple machines :)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or sometimes I wondered if Zebralight is just two guys in a 500 sq. ft. stripmall space somewhere with a couple machines :)

This would make them custom flashlight makers, so our ZL's are Chinese custom lights!! :devil:

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
I would check illuminationsupply or illuminationgear for ZL lights.

Last edited:

turf

Newly Enlightened
I would check illuminationsupply or illuminationgear for ZL lights.

Good recommendation! Illuminationsupply currently has the H51 and H51W on sale, so I picked one up. They are also taking preorders on new models of the H600 series, which have great specs, but they say "estimated shipping is the second week of September if there are no delays." They don't say what year :)