whats the one flashlight you couldnt live without?

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
This can be an edc or just one you use for fun. It could be because of a memory or a special time when the light was with you. It could be your first led light ever.it could be the one you will never leave home without. It could be because its the brightest light you have. You get the idea.

Mine would have to be my nitecore p25. Its my first 18650 light and also the brightest one I have. This one really solidified my flashoholism lol.

walterr839

Enlightened
I have a few old lights that are more sentimental than great light and I could not part with (not that I will part with anyof the newer better lights either). but I keep my old Surefire A2 aviator with Calypso rings in warm white on the bedstand and use it everynight. My first real light was a Surefire M6 that was resurected with the Will Quiles PHD-M6 battery pack and I just can't not have it. And lastly Jayrobs modified old Everready which is just a nice two mode light that reminds of the light I wish I had as a kid.

markr6

Flashaholic
L10 w/ Nichia 219. Great beam with the best tint and best EDC size of all my lights. Amazing output for the size on a single AA battery. Good runtime and a decent UI (I'm not a twisty fan). Cheap enough to have laying around in several rooms, car, bag, etc.

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Tough question.

I have a number of lights that I like a lot and use for different purposes but my 4-mode L3 Illumination Nichia 219 L10 would probably be the one. All my other lights - bag lights, car lights, bedside lights, and even EDC belt lights are all, at some point, out of reach. But I keep that little L10 in my pocket from the moment I get dressed until I head to bed. It's become a part of me, like my folding knife and Fisher space pen. It doesn't matter what I wear - shorts, jeans, pants, or a business suit - those items are always in my pocket. And although I use certain other lights more, the L10 sees daily (or almost daily) use as well. That's the one.

- Tim

wjv

Enlightened
Either:

Fenix LD10 - Only a hundred lumens but it has a nice range - 3, 13, 45, 100 - Is throws well, and take a single AA, plus it tail stands.

Fenix PD32UE - Nice range 9, 40, 140, 400, 740 in Natural white with good throw, but with a large hot spot. Only down side is it's kinda large for a EDC.

Both have decent tints

Although I also like my ITP C8T, A2 EOS, Jetbeam BA20, Foursevens Mini-ML, Fenix PD32 & TK15 :) :)

Ore

Newly Enlightened
My Tain Piccolo.
I had it in pocket almost every day since I got it.
Perfect craftmanship, Nichia 219 Led, easy UI (two stage twisty) and it is vanishes completely in my pocket.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Zebralight H51Fw...

Although if I am only allowed one light, It would be the H51w instead, since I can always put diffuser on it, but can't go back the other way... Right now I EDC the Fw and bring my SC52w if I need more throw (previously the SC51). When the H52Fw comes out, I will likely EDC that and bring the SC52w when needed.

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower Signature LX and IncenDio V3U. I use them every day and won´t miss them.

Devildude

Enlightened
Fenix TK41, it has the best balance between flood and throw in a very user friendly AA format. Very safe for the non enlightened and very bright with multiple levels.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
This can be an edc or just one you use for fun. It could be because of a memory or a special time when the light was with you. It could be your first led light ever.it could be the one you will never leave home without. It could be because its the brightest light you have. You get the idea.

Mine would have to be my nitecore p25. Its my first 18650 light and also the brightest one I have. This one really solidified my flashoholism lol.

SUREFIRE E1L - Second Version with KX1B head.

It´s so perfect! Natural HA, 2 modes, low mode first, good compromise between output and runtime, small size, built as a tank, TIR optics...

It´s so awesome that I just bought a third one, because Surefire stopped to produce it...

And it´s my EDC light.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
RA/HDS 170T, use it every day! Also my TerraLux LiteStar 80-High CRI, super handy for close up work & with the bitable grip,& good color rendition, can't be beat!

DucS2R

Enlightened
One HDS, have several, could live with only one and that would probably be the clicky with the 219, rotary 200 second, but any of them would do.

T

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my Zebralight SC600 at work every night for several years now. It's small enough to fit, clipped, in my front pocket, yet with an 18650 battery I have enough power for all night if needed (and I've had more than a few all nighters when I really did need it ALL NIGHT).

The versatility of it's many different levels, great UI, and it's fantastic side switch make it my most used and completely indispensable light.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce L2 with A001 head, B3 bezel with AR glass lens and an S12 tail-switch. Nitecore 3100 mAh 18650 and Solarforce LC-XML2 U2 980Lm light orange peel 2.7-9v.
Not much when compared to a lot of other lights but it is just what I want at the moment.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready Pocket Triple Slim50 ShortyZRS. For basically the same reasons Derek Dean stated for his SC600. Output/size ratio is tops for an EDC pocket light.

Interestingly, the little Photon Freedom Microlight is right up there too. IMO, that's the best keychain light. Not very bright, but it's enough to get you by, and you never even know it's there until you need it.

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
RA/HDS 170T, use it every day! Also my TerraLux LiteStar 80-High CRI, super handy for close up work & with the bitable grip,& good color rendition, can't be beat!
I second the lightstar 80. Love those