AA or AAA for gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdog1911

Newly Enlightened
Need some quick responses to this one. Funds just became available today so I have to order tonight. I'm going to get the 5 pack of either the AA (which I have) or the AAA. At least 2 of these will be going to females. Would the smaller size of the AAA be more likely to get carried? Or is the AA small enough in your opinion? Was going to equip the AA's with Lithium Batteries for the females who may not be inclined to check or change batteries. What do you guys think? I need to get my order in within the next few hours so I don't lose out. Thanks for any insights.

Rob

paulr

Flashaholic
AAA is far more convenient for keychain carry. AA is better for pocket or purse. Putting in lithiums for the AA's is a nice touch, but not vital.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
wetdog1911,
My recommendation is to get the ARC AAA. If the gifts are going to people that backpack & camp then get the AA because that is what most of the gear uses. The AAA is more likely to get carried and that makes it the perfect gift. I have several of both and these are "best quality" lights.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say go with the Arc AAA,
Like you, I have the AA and the larger size does not bother me. Then again, those of us that spend our time on the internet reading about flashlight tend to be more forgiving of size. The AAA is amazing in that it puts out a lot of light for it's size, the quality of light and it runs a relitively long time. The AA is less amazing in that it is larger and the light volume would be more expected. Most people don't think of run time.
You can buy both and have "his and her" flashlights...that will prove you need to get a life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The AAA makes the perfect keychain light, the AA is great if you have other demands.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd say give the AAA if you know the recipient is going to put it on his or her keychain. Otherwise it's easier to lose than the AA. Besides being bigger (harder to misplace), the AA somehow looks like a more serious device so it's less likely to be forgotten about.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I'd say the AAA. If it is small, they can carry on key chain and have it with them always. Too big, and they will leave it home and forget about it.

wetdog1911

Newly Enlightened
Thanks... AAA it is. My AA is too large for my 'main' keyring (it's on my spare keys in my left front pocket ((house, car, club )) ) and I was going to get a AAA for the main keyring. Gotta go and order now. Thanks to all who replied.

Rob

dtsoll

Enlightened
I was gonna say the AA for the females to carry in the purse would be perfect, but then again, the AAA is also great for the keychain. I am not sure you could go wrong either way you went! Both are fantastic gifts IMO!! I prefer the larger size of the AA, but that's just me!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeppert

Enlightened
Good choice The classic AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Doug, I prefer the AA too, but we're flashaholics, not normal people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Besides, the AAA is a good way to wean people into flashlights. It's a "gateway" to harder flaslights. Hooked my brother this way a couple weeks ago. Now he's looking at Surefires and the Blaster lights. I'm not sure if I should encourage him, or tell him to turn back while he still can. Maybe I'll just hold my peace. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wetdog1911

Newly Enlightened
Well, got my order in for the 5 pack but was kind of bummed that I didn't see the CPF LE's still available. Left a note saying that if there were any left I wanted to add 1 for myself. Maybe I'll get lucky. If not I'll check the for sale forum for MY special gift. Wish I had the funds a few days ago when they were still on the site.

Rob

nexro

Enlightened
IMHO, the AAA makes great gifts for their size and brightness.
AA on the other hand, is more of a collectible (at least for me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.