Do you have an itchy clicky finger?

markr6

Flashaholic
Usually when I'm using my lights, I keep clicking and cycling between modes much too often. I guess I have an itchy clicky finger!

I do this as I think to myself "will this reach that tree way over there on high?" or "let me double check to see what mode am I in?"

creyc

Enlightened
You my friend need to step away from the Zebralights for a while. Detox. Try your hand on a simple single mode twisty and see if that cures the itch! ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
You my friend need to step away from the Zebralights for a while. Detox. Try your hand on a simple single mode twisty and see if that cures the itch! ;)

HAHA! I was going to mention twisties help the urge. My L10 can be annoying cycling thru - twist -twist -twist -twist...so that forces me to pick a mode and stay with it! Zebralights aren't too bad since I can easily remember which mode I selected. But something like my PD32UE, forget it! I'm about to wear that side switch out.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I have the same problem! Sometimes I can avoid it with my monster light just by forcing myself to run it full blast though. That helps since it's always fun on full blast!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thread!

Only with my bigger monsters do I have an itchy finger. As far as twisties go, I do get urgent itches when I use my MBI HF. I like to laugh like a mad scientist when using powerful lights :D

For regular uses and regular EDC lights, I usually pick the not-so-lowest mode that works out good for me and tend to stick with it since battery runtime can be bothersome when working on something.

netprince

Enlightened
Ditto. I used to like the nitecore PD series. They have a rewarding press and click action. Now I just abuse clickies and replace them if they start acting up.

Latest posts