I lost my FAVORITE light.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My beautiful L4 with the whitest and brightest of my KL4's somewhere, somehow disappeared. I was very surprised by the powerful sense of loss and anger that I felt. My girlfriend was sympathetic but only another Flashaholic can really understand what it feels like. The sense of loss transcends money even though I bought four in search of the best and spent enough to buy an M6.

I had worn it clipped to my left front pocket with an M2 clip that I had bent to increase the strength of its grip on my pants pocket. After I noticed the loss I clipped an E2E (also with M2 clip) to that pocket and practically contorted myself trying to find a position or motion that would dislodge it but it easily stayed on no matter what I did. I retraced my routine that day, asked everyone I was in contact with about the light. Nobody saw anything.

There's a moment in Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Mikado" where a female character bemoaning her loss cries "Where shall I find another?"

That's kind of how I feel.

Brightnorm

Saaby

Flashaholic
If it makes you feel any better, although several magnitudes cheaper, I lost my sole Arc AAA several months ago and haven't gotten around to replacing it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif fortunately my McLux is doing a good job of filling it's gap, although far too bright in some situations.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
That really sucks. I sometimes hesitate to wear my L4 because the thought of losing/damaging it looms over my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Hope you find it soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm sad to hear about this Norm and I hope you get it back. I have doubts that it fell out of your pocket unless you were doing something very physically strenuous. Try to relax and think about it in bed before you fall asleep tonight, you may remember that you had it out and used it somewhere. I've been able to recall where I misplaced things that way sometimes.

Lumileds improves its product consistency all the time so as the 5 watters get better, replacing that KL4 with a comparably bright and white one should get easier. Of course the money is nontrivial, but it's only money. Consider a lanyard for the next one, clipped to a belt loop. I really love the Berkeley Point springy coil lanyards.

If it doesn't come back, then my sympathies; take your time getting over it and maybe something you like even more (Arc LS5?) will come along.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how much my L4 means to me so I can only imagine the emotions that ran through you as you realized it wasn't where it should have been. I guess the fear of loss is one reason I use a RipOffs holster. That and when I need light, I sometimes need my Leatherman as well. Don't worry, lights only get better and cheaper.

Wilkey

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Norm,

Feces occurs! (I lost my work badge today (at work)- hope it shows up tomorrow or I am in for a world of inconvenience!) Don't you just hate it when that happens!

Larry

richpalm

Banned
Oh boy... bummer. I feel your pain!

I work nights and woke up a couple days ago to find my wife had swiped one of my McLuxes to do something around the house and I almost had kittens, in multiple. She excels at losing lights.

Needless to say, they get hidden now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rich

DumboRAT

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry to hear that.....

Just yesterday, I actually had my TW4 pop out of my jeans' "watch pocket" to which it's clipped. It landed squarely on the car seat, where to my surprise I stumbled upon it after coming back to the car.

I did do something rather unusual, which was try to cram two pocketknives in the main pocket in front of it (one just came in the mail when I'd left for the store), and removed the new one from my pocket while at a stoplight to check its S/N. That likely unclipped the light, which had never happened before.

Best of luck!

Allen
aka DumboRAT

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Thanks all for sympathy and understanding which I can not really get from friends or family. Only here.

Brightnorm

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I lost my ArcLS a couple weeks ago. I went through some of the same feelings. Thinking if I should replace it or wait for the LS4 etc. Then one of my children comes and asks "is this yours?" :happydance: "I found it a few days ago on the floor in the back room". A FEW DAYS AGO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif I think.
You are right BrightNorm they don't understand.

We really could use a :happydance: smiley /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
My first RUN Arc LS was stolen when my car was broken into. I still iss the light even though I now have a LSH-P. I hope you find your light soon.
Patrick

JackBlades

Enlightened
You'll find it soon and then comes
dancin.gif
!

Wit's End, I keep a collection of cool smiles from different sites. Just right click and save the addy with image tags to a word file.

Latest posts