Malkoff        
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: MBI #4 - Get Ready to meet Zeus™

Default Re: MBI #4 - Get Ready to meet Zeus™

Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    I put in for a SS version. Love the weight of Al though.
    Thanks KDM

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I think it is a problem when he makes it in a couple of different metals. I have a very hard time deciding which one, you can see what happened with the last lights from him:

And now I will probably add a couple of Zeus to that collection and also some Torpedoes.
    Thanks HKJ,
    The truth is I like to try all of them to see what looks/works best.
    I usually swap out the main one on my keychain every 1-2months.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Hmmm. Is this a mechanical switch (clicky) or an electronic switch?

I'd love 3-4 levels and titanium too

Oh thanks, missed that. I put my name on the list. Really looking forward to this...
    Funny, I wasn't before. Now I WANT ONE!
    Hi gunga,
    The switch is a mechanical clicky.
    3-4 levels...
    Planning additional modes with an upgrade drop in, early next year.
    3 will definitely be possible and pending verification, 4 should be no problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2012 View Post
    The spec on the first page says clicky. I hope he sell spares.
    Hi Newguy,
    I do plan on making spares and upgrades available

Quote Originally Posted by HaileStorm View Post
    Thanks, tgwnn! This sounds like an outstanding light! Very, very tempting as I've never owned a 14500 and a custom light. This might just be my first. :thumbup:
    Thanks HaileStorm,
    Going only on the disclosed specs/design of Zeus version 1, it's a very capable flashlight.

Once you learn about the yet to be disclosed features, I think anyone still on the fence in terms of whether they need/want one, might just find themselves knocked over to the "must have this" side as if by a heavy slab of concrete

Quote Originally Posted by DBCstm View Post
    Guy also states that testing is being done to ensure the switch is capable of handling the amperage of future upgrades meaning that it's fully capable of handling the current as it's set up and he's even going to lengths to ensure it will still be capable when he get's new heads, drivers, emitters in the future.
    Thanks Dale,
    The switch, tail, all easily upgradable.
    My challenge is that I keep thinking of enhancements and additions with each day so sometimes things are a moving target but I need to set a freeze on Version 1 or else it will never arrive.
    That said, I have a good idea of some of the things to be rolled out so trying to think ahead in terms of keeping things as legoable and compatible as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lightcycle1 View Post
    Do we have an expected ballpark price yet?
    Hi lightcycle1,
    looks like NowIC came to the rescue on your question but as posted,
    somewhere between $130-$160 is my best guess at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by NowIC View Post
    This from Guy's post #33 in this thread...
    Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by lightcycle1 View Post
    Reserved a slot for a Zeus and subscribed. :thumbup:
    Thanks lightcycle

Tgwnn

Flashaholic

Hey Guy, I have to say, with all the excitement over the pic's you posted of the first few Torpedo-X's, you have me really curious what direction you're planning on going with the Zeus packaging...hmmm
    -Th8tredude

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm back! What'd I miss!?

Hey stick, where ya been? Guy had a drawing for a free Torpedo X, pulled your name but you never responded so he redrew it...man that sucks!

Oh, sorry, never happened! :P We're all chomping at the bit, excited, on the edge of our seats, anxiously awaiting shipping of the newest baddest lil light in the Milky Way.

Wouldn't it totally blow someone away to be gone for a little while and, upon return, find out they missed out on a giveaway? Didn't mean to give you palpitations or anything, just messing with ya a bit. Stay tuned, too many exciting things going on to miss a beat don't ya know! lol

Quote Originally Posted by th8tredude View Post
    Hey Guy, I have to say, with all the excitement over the pic's you posted of the first few Torpedo-X's, you have me really curious what direction you're planning on going with the Zeus packaging...hmmm
    -Th8tredude
    Hi Th8tredude,

That's a tough one.
    I have a couple of designs, crazy as usual, and worked very hard on multi-purpose, multi-function...
    but then there is this slight technicality called "molding", and $20K molds, and....
    Maybe I went a little overboard (lol) but I think it would be perfect and so practical.

To prevent having to charge an extra $200 per unit...
    I'm considering one of the tamer designs for version 1,
    ...its not cardboard, not paper and of course it passes my test for
    "I'd definitely be very happy to receive one of these".

If I launch a kickstarter-like campaign for Zeus, then I may just go with my ultra crazy design,
    which still passes all the tests, but just has a few more James Bond like functions.

Either way it rolls, its a win-win situation

Quote Originally Posted by sticktodrum View Post
    I'm back! What'd I miss!?
    Welcome back!
    Ahh, the really good stuff is still at least few days away from being revealed

Hey stick, where ya been? Guy had a drawing for a free Torpedo X, pulled your name but you never responded so he redrew it...man that sucks!

Oh, sorry, never happened! :P We're all chomping at the bit, excited, on the edge of our seats, anxiously awaiting shipping of the newest baddest lil light in the Milky Way.

Wouldn't it totally blow someone away to be gone for a little while and, upon return, find out they missed out on a giveaway? Didn't mean to give you palpitations or anything, just messing with ya a bit. Stay tuned, too many exciting things going on to miss a beat don't ya know! lol
    Nice one Dale

Tgwnn

Nooooooooo!

Ya know, that actually happened to a buddy of mine not long ago. The people at Kershaw/ZT were doing random giveaways in the fan group chat thread, and it was essentially that he just had to post in the thread. He missed the chance at getting a free ZT0801, and a few other guys got them. Pretty sucky for the guy.

Anyway, I shall try to keep my eyes posted to this place so I can receive my super-complimentary Zeus prototype.

Dude, I bet he was bummed! That would be me, day late and a dollar short. lol My biggest issue these days is remembering a timeline. I might check back, but it'd be a month instead of a week. Seems like 2 days to me! I honestly don't have much of a time consciousness at all. The other day, I dropped off a light and a laser module at the machine shop to have a heat-sink made. Isn't done yet, but it won't be long. Right? The other day was the 8th of Sept. I guess they'll call when they get to it. Wonder if I get a discount on a time basis? Yeah, now I'm a comedian! Me? They'll want to charge storage fees. Seriously, I go to the shop and there's no one to be seen. Stand around by this couple ton machine (at least) and could do the part myself on this massive old manual lathe and no one would be the wiser. If I knew how to use a manual lathe. <sigh> oh well. Maybe someone I don't know will die and leave me a lathe in their will. Trucking fees pre-paid and all.

I'm gonna have to start sending my little specialty products to Guy, have his guys to the work, they're really good!

Dale

Flashaholic

wow named zeus with james bond functions, is this going to.be the firstflash.light with voice recorder function, breathing apparatus, or may be mini spy cam

guy is.now the new Q

Glass cutter, plasma laser, memory neutralizer

Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Aha! MBI is really MIB , why did I never see that? Guy's dyslexic!

*Flashaholic*

You might have that backwards

GMO! Guy is desyilxc! BIM ? Not srue I uonsrtnaeodd?

Nooooooooo!

Ya know, that actually happened to a buddy of mine not long ago. The people at Kershaw/ZT were doing random giveaways in the fan group chat thread, and it was essentially that he just had to post in the thread. He missed the chance at getting a free ZT0801, and a few other guys got them. Pretty sucky for the guy.
    Anyway, I shall try to keep my eyes posted to this place so I can receive my super-complimentary Zeus prototype.
    Hi sticktodrum,

I can certainly pay many special compliments to your Zeus before I pack it when the time comes

I'm gonna have to start sending my little specialty products to Guy, have his guys to the work, they're really good!

Dale
    LOL, they aint too bad its just that most of them are me, disguised as 10 people, and using mysterious techniques to slow down time so I can get the work of 20 people done and I/we love every moment of it

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRogersUK View Post
    wow named zeus with james bond functions, is this going to.be the firstflash.light with voice recorder function, breathing apparatus, or may be mini spy cam

guy is.now the new Q
    Hi Captain,
    Breathing apparatus would be very very cool.
    Let me add that to my list as I already have a product concept where that might come in handy.

spy-cam, voice recorders.... perhaps a little too much on the junky side of things for me image wise,
    though of course they can be useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    Glass cutter, plasma laser, memory neutralizer
    Alan
    Hi Alan,
    memory neutralizer...
    a memory reviver would be awesome (lol) and something I know I could use

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    You might have that backwards
    GMO! Guy is desyilxc! BIM ? Not srue I uonsrtnaeodd?
    Spot on (maybe).

The Name....
    with no guy

Ok, so here's my thoughts on super duper all in one wonders...

A 52 function pen that can dial home, double as a spoon and do many many things,
    unfortunately, none of them too well and each feature is often created to compete with the Jones', fill in a checkbox,
    and win the "this does more" battle.

To me, its about doing something exceptionally (though that is always so easy to say and so very hard to achieve and I feel no matter how close I am, there is always room to improve).
    Building on that exception to rethink, even redefine the boundaries of how things could/should work and how they might make the ownership experience and usage experience a better one.

Sometimes, there are LHF's (low hanging fruit) where simple to implement enhancements, can add plenty of "better" to a product. Other times, the simplest enhancement can mean millions of hours and dollars to make the most incremental of gains.

I mostly focus on enhancements, user and owner experience...
    but I always maintain plenty of room for adding fun to the mix

Tgwnn

So there you have it folks, the Zeus will incorporate a disco ball, so fun can be had wherever one may find oneself. Wow, impressive!

I, for one, really like the exceptional done perfectly, every time. Does anyone here want their heart surgeon to use a swiss knife? I prefer the best possible tool, for the job at hand to be done in the best possible way. That's what I PREFER, but don't usually have the funds to implement that so I end up improvising, with the expected results from doing so.

Really enjoying what you do Guy, and thank you for driving a bus. (We all love being along for the journey as you work it all out)

Dale

So there you have it folks, the Zeus will incorporate a disco ball, so fun can be had wherever one may find oneself. Wow, impressive!

I, for one, really like the exceptional done perfectly, every time. Does anyone here want their heart surgeon to use a swiss knife? I prefer the best possible tool, for the job at hand to be done in the best possible way. That's what I PREFER, but don't usually have the funds to implement that so I end up improvising, with the expected results from doing so.

Really enjoying what you do Guy, and thank you for driving a bus. (We all love being along for the journey as you work it all out)

Dale
    Thanks Dale,

Best tool works for me

I wrote this earlier and didn't post it as I was a little worried my post was getting too long....

Here's an example of a "little" thing...
    (its just a story)

Imagine its your first day to drive your newly acquired luxury dream car.

Its windy and freezing outside, your hands are frozen, almost too frozen to hold anything.
    You get in your new dream car quickly (keyless entry so no worries about your frozen hands dropping keys)
    The built-in seat heater automatically engages.
    You turn on the engine, enjoy the low rumbling sound of the raw power beneath you,
    set up your favorite music and you're almost ready to go.

You forgot your driving gloves and think, I'll have to take turns sitting on either hand to warm them up,
    as you recall the ice like properties of your previous cars steering wheel on similar days.

As you engage the gear and pull out of the driveway, lightly gripping the steering wheel, there's a warmth that appears to come from under or inside the steering wheel.

Thinking you might be hallucinating (frozen brain effect) you pause and check around to see if the AC might be warming the wheel, but no... there's no airflow. As you grip the wheel again, the comforting warmth is enough to get your circulation flowing and hands back to an incredibly comforting normal and at that moment, you finally notice the tiny mark on the dashboard showing "steering wheel heater" is engaged.

What!! I never even knew there was such a thing let alone that this car had one.

If you suffer from frozen hand pain, that, one very tiny feature, enhancement and unexpected surprise,
    though maybe not significant enough to base the entire purchase decision on,
    can make a huge difference to your driving experience and total comfort and pleasure.
    A seemingly obvious, yet very thoughtful feature to add.

The little things.

It dawned on me that even adults (deserve and) enjoy unexpected, pleasant surprises.

Now if the car came with a built-in fax machine, or paper towel dispenser…not entirely relevant.
    They might actually detract from the value or image of the dream car.

Tgwnn

p.s. what was this thread about again?

GUY, Tisk Tisk! This thread is really about a man (MIB) that "walks" in 2 worlds. A "man" who has combined the resources of 2 dimensions, one magical and one scientific based, to develop the lights that many say can't be built and shouldn't be built. And believe me when I say I've spoken to at least one custom maker who told me flat out that your crazy for even trying! You've achieved something that no other custom builder has been able to do up till now. Not only have you created some of the most immaginative and feature ladden lights to ever grace this forum, but in doing so you have quite unexpectatly created an "MBI" culture. A culture where you the "maker" actually solicit our feedback to help you make the best possible product. You almost never say "never say never" and in doing so make our "dreams" come true as well. Thank you for all you do. I'm looking forward to what "magic" you have in mind for us in the future. alex

It's like Alex said, I went back to page 1 and couldn't believe how many people were dissing you for having the idea! Show us your formula's, show us the math, you can't do it, that's why you don't have anything to show, blah blah blah blah blah. And now, the first wave is about ready to ship. Can't do what? Granted, it's taken a while to get the right people together to make it all happen. But you did it! You stuck with it, and persevered. And here we are, lining up to take delivery of the product that just can't be.

Got more? Bring it on!

Dale

Flashaholic*

Im guessing youre talking about the torpedo x run?
    According to specs, 200 lumens with a 1,5v aaa. Not 500

Is kind of weird every single time that I read the header of this thread I have the impression that I read "Get ready to meet God" I do not want to meet the guy yet lol

Hey Cactux, you know how it is when you're busy working (or maybe NOT working) and the boss makes the rounds? You never know when he's coming through so it pays to be busy doing your job when it happens, right? What you want, or what you're ready for, seldom has anything to do with it. The Greater Power is in control and it's up to you to get caught in the middle of doing right, not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cactux View Post
    Is kind of weird every single time that I read the header of this thread I have the impression that I read "Get ready to meet God" I do not want to meet the guy yet lol
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, just not today

Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    GUY, Tisk Tisk! This thread is really about a man (MIB) that "walks" in 2 worlds. A "man" who has combined the resources of 2 dimensions, one magical and one scientific based, to develop the lights that many say can't be built and shouldn't be built. And believe me when I say I've spoken to at least one custom maker who told me flat out that your crazy for even trying! You've achieved something that no other custom builder has been able to do up till now. Not only have you created some of the most immaginative and feature ladden lights to ever grace this forum, but in doing so you have quite unexpectatly created an "MBI" culture. A culture where you the "maker" actually solicit our feedback to help you make the best possible product. You almost never say "never say never" and in doing so make our "dreams" come true as well. Thank you for all you do. I'm looking forward to what "magic" you have in mind for us in the future. alex
    Thanks Zandar,

Far too kind.
    I'll own up to the being "crazy" part. I guess it must be a requirement
    Probably a little foolish too. Too foolish to believe in failure or the impossible.
    Most of all, each day I feel grateful to you all, for the support, encouragement and enabling me to enjoy being both foolish and crazy

It's like Alex said, I went back to page 1 and couldn't believe how many people were dissing you for having the idea! Show us your formula's, show us the math, you can't do it, that's why you don't have anything to show, blah blah blah blah blah. And now, the first wave is about ready to ship. Can't do what? Granted, it's taken a while to get the right people together to make it all happen. But you did it! You stuck with it, and persevered. And here we are, lining up to take delivery of the product that just can't be.

Got more? Bring it on!

Dale
    Thanks Dale,
    Still the X version but mighty close now and most definitely within reach.
    Like the birth of any newborn, a shocking spank on the bottom, a gasp for first breath and all before I even had my eyes open.
    I'm extremely grateful to those early naysayers for providing me with the motivation to make sure I see this through no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    Im guessing youre talking about the torpedo x run?
    According to specs, 200 lumens with a 1,5v aaa. Not 500
    Hi jorn,
    Sure, that's what he's talking about
    500lm is reserved for AAA sized li-ions at this point in time but we blew through the 500lm mark sometime ago and then shrunk the battery (Nuke). The present limitation is ensuring smooth operation of the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by cactux View Post
    Hi cactux

Thats kind of funny and appropriate at the same time...
    wait and see, but nothing to fear
    and whilst Zeus may or may not be godly, he's not the one you don't want to meet

Hey Cactux, you know how it is when you're busy working (or maybe NOT working) and the boss makes the rounds? You never know when he's coming through so it pays to be busy doing your job when it happens, right? What you want, or what you're ready for, seldom has anything to do with it. The Greater Power is in control and it's up to you to get caught in the middle of doing right, not wrong.
    I'm totally lost on that one, but sure hope I'm doing it right

Tgwnn

p.s. in the midst of upload a quick Torpedo X video

There's no Zeus X run right? Right into production?

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    There's no Zeus X run right? Right into production?
    Hi gunga,

No X run for Zeus meaning that version 1 will be born "ready for serious action".

I'm still nailing down the final specs/features though and part of that will also determine the number available in the first run.

Tgwnn

Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, just not today

Quote Originally Posted by the_guy_with_no_name View Post
    Hi gunga,

No X run for Zeus meaning that version 1 will be born "ready for serious action".

I'm still nailing down the final specs/features though and part of that will also determine the number available in the first run.

Tgwnn
    Ah, I see... So no X run, what about a Z run? Wait... O.o

That reminds me of a funny thing I heard someone say; "The good news is there's baseball in heaven, the bad news is you're pitching Tuesday."

Hey sticktodrum,
    LOL ... Your on a roll!
    Guy pls count me in for a Zeus Titanium (ZeuTi = Beauty ... Pardon in advance for jet lagged humour!) when doing the build numbers.

It is really difficult not to get impressed by Guy's stuff. Not only the CoreTi's, HF's, Torpedo's but also all the upgrades and accessories that only The Guy could provide. That said I need to thank you Guy , and ask if there is any possible way to disclose some dimensions and if due to the LEGO-ability, the Zeus would be able to work with two cells, just cause I love pen sized lights (and that maybe just me but...).

My opinion is that if crowdfunding would get the maximum awesomeness in the minimum time, I'd say, go for it.

That reminds me of a funny thing I heard someone say; "The good news is there's baseball in heaven, the bad news is you're pitching Tuesday."

Hi sticktodrum,

Nice one
    Z run...
    don't be giving me fancy ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Floyd View Post
    Hey sticktodrum,
    LOL ... Your on a roll!
    Guy pls count me in for a Zeus Titanium (ZeuTi = Beauty ... Pardon in advance for jet lagged humour!) when doing the build numbers.
    Welcome back Heywood Floyd
    ZeuTi is on the road map,
    perhaps early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WWWW View Post
    It is really difficult not to get impressed by Guy's stuff. Not only the CoreTi's, HF's, Torpedo's but also all the upgrades and accessories that only The Guy could provide. That said I need to thank you Guy , and ask if there is any possible way to disclose some dimensions and if due to the LEGO-ability, the Zeus would be able to work with two cells, just cause I love pen sized lights (and that maybe just me but...).
    Hi WWWW,

Thanks very much for the post.
    My pleasure on all counts.

Dimensions.....
    Zeus is slightly oversized for a AA and purposely so, which means its not so much a penlight size in terms of diameter.
    Not sure if version 1 will handle multiple li-ions due to the voltage though I'll need to check on that.

Also, I'm not too far off being able to disclose more details on the dimensions,
    appreciate your patience in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by RCantor View Post
    My opinion is that if crowdfunding would get the maximum awesomeness in the minimum time, I'd say, go for it.
    Thanks RCantor,
    I'm working towards getting things ready in case I decide to go that route and should have a firmer idea by the end of this month.

Tgwnn

Oversized is good. Too many slightly built ultra-lightweight lights out there. About time somebody made one that can be run over with a truck and have no ill effect. What with everybody modding lights and bumping power, it's also about time for some thick walled heavy construction. I'm up for it, make it weigh 5 lbs so it won't get lost in a pocket. I've seen customs made out of Tungsten, really cool! Don't know if we need you to go THAT far, but robust can only be a good thing in an over-driven light.

D

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast