Wow! did I lose the Luxeon Lottery Today!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a few pix that show the greenish tint on some LS's, but I have never seen them in person, until today.

I just got two of the ugliest, pea soup green white LED's!

I'm right now comparing the beam against an LSH-P, these guys are so green I cannot see any white in their beams at all! I hesitate to even call them white, I honestly cannot see any white in the beam.

GregR

P.S. the green beams are very smooth and even though...lol <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Double A,
Well if the beams are smooth then at least you know they aren't Cyan Luxeons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoghead-

lol, yep you got that right. I'm gonna see what my options are, but regardless I'm keeping at least one of the two. I think I may have set a record here and want bragging rights!

GregR

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Well, I got a good laugh out of "bragging rights" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Geode

Enlightened
Any chance you would share what flashlight the Luxeons are contained in?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geode-

Not at this moment, that's why I worded my post in the manner I did. Let me put it this way, it was not Surefire or Arc....

GregR

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
My BB400/Q2, even though it is kinda green, is still very white and very bright. Sometimes i wonder if a discerning flashaholic might revile mine as excessively green. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh well. The quality is improving all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The worst "rotten dog urine green" I've seen out of a white Luxeon came in a very early CMG Reactor.
A Reactor and Reactor III I subsequently received did not have this colouration.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
maybe we are beginnnig to be spoiled by the purer color of the HDs, since LDs in general have a somewhat yellow/green corona ... not beautiful on a white wall, but quite an acceptable beam outside. I still like them.
bernhard

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
agree with kiessling
try compare the green beam with the yellow beam of incan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh yea
Double A, any greenie you can spare? i want some of the bragging right too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My contribution to the "rotten cat urine green" "white" Luxeons is...

reactor3.jpg

Although it's not a horrible, awful light, it does take some getting used to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
that is REALLY a rotten cat and dog's urine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Correction, BBTL. The big secret is about what light it went into. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
I just got two of the ugliest, pea soup green white LED's!

I'm right now comparing the beam against an LSH-P, these guys are so green I cannot see any white in their beams at all! I hesitate to even call them white, I honestly cannot see any white in the beam.

GregR

P.S. the green beams are very smooth and even though...lol <font color="green"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that would be a major disappointment. I remember reading Craig's posts on the infamous cat or dog whiz green Luxeons in the CMG Reactor when I first came to CPF.

Sorry to hear it, GregR. I hope you get your money back.

BC

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Museum-

That's IT, that's the color!

Got two of them, wow they are stinky green. After the first I though well ok the second is probibly OK....no dice just as bad.

Bummer and I thought I might have the worst tint known to man, now I know I'm not alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GregR

P.S. I would like to discuss these LS's and my options with where I got these from. I don't want this to reflect badly on anyone and certainly not, until I've had a chance to see what we can work out. Reality is sometimes you takes your chances. I've sent a email.

Darkaway

Enlightened
In all fairness, are you sure they're being driven at or above spec.? Luxeons tend to get greener when underdriven.

But maybe not that green!!!!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen one anywhere near as green as that, and I've dimmed them down to the point where they're giving off almost no light (without pulse width modulation).

Are you sure someone's cat didn't get to it first? Try wiping the dome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif