ever get so pissed?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well as some of you may know im loseig my house . i never missed one payment never was late always early. i was buying it from a guy. he was selling me house but i didnt know he didnt have the house clear and free .he owed money to bank . well he didnt make his payments .so bank took house back from him.im like wtf. so bank owned house for a bit.then another guyn bought all the properties miler lost to bank around 130 houses. so now he says all the payments ive made doint mean nada if i want to keep house i have to get a home load on my own and to my understanding the payments ive made dont go towards it..im a young man so im kinda confused it has hapened to all people like me who was buiyng a house thru miler rental.includeing my neebeers. so i sit here geting mad very mad .mad cause i didnt know better n let this happen mad cause well im outa lot of money . so lol im going to just get drunk, n tomorow when isee this idiot ill just be numb so i can deal with him .

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have receipts for all the house payments you made(cancelled checks work)see a lawyer. the first guy you were paying for the house might be liable. There are some lawyers that offer a free first consultation and give you some idea what you can do about this.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
did the lawyer thing from my understanding miller went bankrupt.sad thing is there is like 130 people in the same boat as me im sure some have a lot more payed into house then me.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Did you get title insurance when you bought?

[/ QUOTE ]
no i was very new to this and trusting perhaps naive. what the contract says is i pay x amount 4 20 years at the end of 20 years i can buy house and land for 1 dollor.he did the same thing to people all over.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that is so crappy I can't blame you one bit.

The only thing I can think of that might make you feel a tiny bit better is maybe look at it this way, you thought you were buying but you were only renting.

What I mean is at least your money wasn't totally thrown away, you did get to live in the place right? So maybe you just gotta think that you were paying rent all that time. Hopefully you weren't paying for too long.

My dad invested in some real estate about 10 years ago(in Kansas I think), through a co-worker that had retired. His co-workers son was managing the properties. His son forged signatures and sold the property, took the cash to Switzerland and Cayaman Islands. The US Secret Service caught him in a hotel room making taking the last of the money in a BIG suitcase, he had made at least two prior trips. The Son plead guilty and is serving time in prison, most money was not recovered. Lawyers tried to sue the title company who's responsiblitiy was to make sure this sort of thing would not happen. Title Company said they will have things tied up for 10-15 years to avoid paying back the investors. The lawyer fees will nearly equal the couple million lost by the 100 or so investors. The investors voted to dropped the case against the Title Company.

Now ya see here, you have two sets of crooks, the guy's son who took the money and the Title Company who's job it was to prevent that from happening, but will not pay damages they are legally obligated to pay. *******s

GregR

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Well, that is so crappy I can't blame you one bit.

The only thing I can think of that might make you feel a tiny bit better is maybe look at it this way, you thought you were buying but you were only renting.

What I mean is at least your money wasn't totally thrown away, you did get to live in the place right? So maybe you just gotta think that you were paying rent all that time. Hopefully you weren't paying for too long.

My dad invested in some real estate about 10 years ago(in Kansas I think), through a co-worker that had retired. His co-workers son was managing the properties. His son forged signatures and sold the property, took the cash to Switzerland and Cayaman Islands. The US Secret Service caught him in a hotel room making taking the last of the money in a BIG suitcase, he had made at least two prior trips. The Son plead guilty and is serving time in prison, most money was not recovered. Lawyers tried to sue the title company who's responsiblitiy was to make sure this sort of thing would not happen. Title Company said they will have things tied up for 10-15 years to avoid paying back the investors. The lawyer fees will nearly equal the couple million lost by the 100 or so investors. The investors voted to dropped the case against the Title Company.

Now ya see here, you have two sets of crooks, the guy's son who took the money and the Title Company who's job it was to prevent that from happening, but will not pay damages they are legally obligated to pay. *******s

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]thats true but it just bothers me.work hard saying to self im paying towards something. and people today just seem to have no ethics. i could never ever rip some one off . but i do say most people are good but i sure seem to find all the bad people.lol last time i saw miller before it went bad he came for payment ealry claiming he was going on vaction and he wont be there when payment was due .he had a trailor behind truck saying it was his motoercross bikes. well now i guess it was his belongings and he was hauling but lol.i gave him the money but was smart enough to get recept

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
theres a lot of bad people in this world, and not enough safeguards against them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

really sorry to hear about this ragu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have any kind of contract what so ever? This would be very helpful if you seek counsil.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah i had a contrat and i even found a contract from people who lived her before. lol but on there contrat they had to sign something about lead paint about the owner discloseing that the house had lead paint i didnt get that paper lol glad i dont lick the walls lol .

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because lead & asbestos are harmful elements used up until about 30 years ago, they have to be disclosed in the contract. Removal can be very expensive as it can't be thrown away, it has to be disposed of properly.

Look over your contract VERY carefully. Because I don't know the exact details of your contract, I'm afraid I can't be of much help(I,m not an attorney). This is where you would definately need an attorney to see if you have any legal recourse. To get any money from him though, you would definately have to take him to court. Keep us posted.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if i find scaner ill scna contrat and post it a course emoveing names for legal reasons. what makes me sad is i find i dont ahve the tools for this world it is dog eat dog . i dont wanna live that way.i cant rip people off. it aint who i am i rather be poor and have people trsut me and sleep well at night.forgive me for ranting im just so pissed. im usaly a calm person

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i wish i knew what to do.i am lost. well i will do ok but i feel bad for the others. its sad people take advatage of others to get ahead .im not refering to me cause im ok but some of thease people have little chances left.

Tomas

Banned
I suggest also contacting the state attorney general and the state 'consumer protection' folks if your state has such an office.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can speak to a lawyer for no charge.. even if they're not pro-bono they still offer their advice.. you're not obligated to pay them until you're ready to hire them.

i also second Tomas' suggesting to contact the state attorney general..

hopefully the law firm you contact can give you some more guidance.. but definitely make some phone calls to higher powers. heh.

good luck raggie

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest someone start setting up meetings with all 130 people. There is more power in numbers. 130 angry people will get alot more attention with banks, lawyers, consumer affairs people, etc.

GregR

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double A has the RIGHT idea.

This sounds like an ideal class action lawsuit, which would involve BIG BUCKS for the lawyers. That always seems to attract the high powered blood suckers.