Flashaholic -R-U-S-H-

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliek

Enlightened
I have experienced a true Flashaholic rush.... all I needed to do was put it in my hand and click the switch. I received my early Christmas gift from my wife yesterday.

An Arc LSH.

I had been hesitant to buy it for myself- mainly because of the price tag, but the sale Arc was running made me drool.

Sorry in advance guys: I fear I have become an Arc evangelist.
I can't help but feel I have wasted my money on all the Dorcy, Garrity, Eveready, and other cheapie department store brand lights I have.

Warning: Soapbox mode engaged
People who already own an Arc need not read the next few sentences:
The light this puts out is the Whitest light I have ever seen- I shined it against the ceiling next to lights i THOUGHT were white... they're BLUE.
The beam is so smooth- such a nice transition from spot to spill. It's great as a task light for close work, walking, or searching dark sheds... I shined it out the second story window and it lit the back yard quite nicely where I pointed it. It made my PT attitude seem dim and blue... People: if you don't already own an Arc- if you're hesitant to buy one becaue it's so expensive- every time you get the urge to buy a cheap department store light- put the money in a jar... twenty bucks here, 30 bucks there... in a little while you'll have the cash. It is worth it- you get what you pay for!
Soapbox mode off

My New EDC: Arc LSH-S in a hip pouch, and Arc AAA on keychain as backup.

My wife asked me if I wanted to go to Walmart and look at the flashlights to see if they had any new ones. I said "No".

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too was amazed at the whiteness of my LSH-P compared to my KL1 but wait till you see any LED compared to the SF L6 the L6 makes every other LED lights color look "off" it is as close to natural sunlight for color I have seen I am not implying its as bright as the sun but the color is unreal its so clean of color tint.The LSH-P is the whitest 1watt going right now that I have seen.

charliek

Enlightened
I have the LSH-S and it's impressed the heck out of me...
I'm spoiled rotten now...

Arc, Surefire and Streamlight.... I really don't want to buy anything else anymore.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
lmao!
i've gotta wait 'til the 25th to open my LSL! ahh!

[/ QUOTE ]

I say offer the wife a trade- you open one- she can open one.
Negotiate, my good man, negotiate!

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
I got the same rush when i opened up my CNC-123 package and lit it for the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Now that i've got a T-bin sandwich on the way, i'm well on my way to whiteness beyond Q2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

richpalm

Banned
Youse guys are lucky... never got any toys yet from my wife in 13 yrs. of marriage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

charliek

Enlightened
I'm married 16 years (started Dating in June 1980!) - my wife always complains that she doesn't know what to get me..... I always thought it was easy... a gadget with lots of buttons, or something that lights up.... this time I made a specific request. richpalm: Perhaps you should take the direct approach. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Turt

Enlightened
I just send my girlfriend various links to a variety of flashlights (at good prices)... kind of a wish list and then she gets to pick which one she wants to get for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have a bigger problem....I don't know what to ask for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Turt said:
I just send my girlfriend various links to a variety of flashlights (at good prices)... kind of a wish list and then she gets to pick which one she wants to get for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"If you really love me you'll buy me THIS one... " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
I have a bigger problem....I don't know what to ask for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a problem.... I guess you have an Arc LSH already? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
We see this every time someone buys an Arc LS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Myself included. hehehe

Also happens with the Surefire L4 and certain other lights.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
"If you really love me you'll buy me THIS one... "

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful! That statement could get the response: "If YOU really love ME you'll do all the housework!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
richpalm said:
Youse guys are lucky... never got any toys yet from my wife in 13 yrs. of marriage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for a new wife! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

charliek

Enlightened
Or time to get your wife interested in flashlights.... be carfeul with this one... much like the "If you love me" statements that can backfire, this can backfire as well.... I used to wish my wife was more interested in computers.... now she is.... I kissed my laptop goodbye... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
charliek

glad you like it.

Maybe you've convinced some of the others here to stop buying a cheap lights by the boxload and just get yourself one or two good ones!

GregR

charliek

Enlightened
I wish I had convinced myself a LONG time ago.... I look over at the 40 some odd lights I have here.... how many were disapointments.... adding it up in my head- I could have had a few really nice lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.