• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Type III Hard Anodized Maglites!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD: Type III Hard Anodized Maglites!

Hi everyone,

I had these mags Type III Hard Anodized by a professional platting shop. They are all stock parts on the inside including the threads etc. Only the head finning was added to any of them before I sent them off.

dh89.jpg

a8gg.jpg

jr69.jpg

FAQ:
What color are these?

The finish on these is Hard ano in "Natural". The "Color" of them to me looks very much like a drab with a bit of grey in it. I have done the best I can to show the true color of them in the pictures.

How well do they match?

Those of you that are familiar with Hard ano III know there is always a slight variance in color for the parts. I would say on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the best they are a 7 or 8. There's probly some Surefires that do not mach as well.

What is the quality like?

In my opinion they are quite good. The finish is certainly very hard. If you try to machine this finish the tool hesitates when you first touch it. Its very similar to what machining brick would be like. Harder than standard type II mag anodizing.

The way they look is also good, but not perfect. There are some visible imperfections in the finish. To me these look better than other Type III mags I have purchased on the forum over the years, but that is all I really have to compare to. There are some places where what I would call "stripes" are visible. Places where the finish is either lighter or darker than others. Here is the best picture of this I can get with my camera.

2xd1.jpg

If you look closely on the body you can see a faint line that runs length wise on the body.

How do they FEEL?

Nice and smooth, but I personally think that type III ano has a slight bit of a stickier feel than most type II.

Prices are as follows. Starting at the top in the first picture.

1. 2 C cell stock $55 SOLD
2. 3 C cell finned heat $65 SOLD
3. 2 D cell stock $55 SOLD
4. 2 D cell stock $55 SOLD
5 3 D cell stock $55 SOLD
6. 3 D cell finned head $65 SOLD

Shipping is $7 USA and $12 Wold wide.

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

paskal

Newly Enlightened
i love HA III anodized in natural. thats pretty awesome looking and nice to touch. just want to know whether do you offer an upgrade similar on shorty mag?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey paskal,

I dont offer as an upgrade to the shorty mags at right now. There is a lot of time and cost involved in getting these. I would however be willing to convert one of these that is already coated to a shorty, it would just mean the inside of the tail threads were not coated :)

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, yeah i mean if you willing to convert this short mags to a shorty. please PM me total cost. anodized body+shorty components+international=USD?

netprince

Enlightened
I'm tempted to get that other 2d mag. Someone else buy it so I don't have to. :)