Novatac 120M crackable?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have a Novatac 120M. It has only two light levels starting on high, then a double click to low. No triple click to get to low low. With either high or low on, a press produces strobe. Is the 120M crackable using the 250 clicks, so I can program it for brightness levels and three light levels?

Bill

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes absolutely. AFAIK, all Nova can be cracked, you just need to have a strong thumb...

You will then have 4 presets which you can customize with any level, strobe or S.O.S.. While you are there, activate the locator flash, it can be handy if you drop it in the dark...

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Sir, I just picked one up to do a triple Nichia Mod to and the 250 clicks was the first thing I did.

It has High(primary), double click for low and press/hold for strobe correct?

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't know how you guys are able to do the 250 clicks. I tried repeatedly and failed. My thumb would cramp up long before 250 clicks.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Me too. I've been clicking and clicking and somehow always disconnect. PIA. I need someone with better fine motor skills than me to do this. Hint, hint.

Bill

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how you guys are able to do the 250 clicks. I tried repeatedly and failed. My thumb would cramp up long before 250 clicks.

Put light bezel down on a table and use your pointer finger like you are hitting a button on a arcade game (old school)

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steroid injections to the index finger work well for cracking Novatac's. Just don't do it literally, with all that extra strength one may find they have unintentionally crushed their tailcap. :crackup:

Back when I owned a Spa SPL-120 I locked in the settings a time or two when I didn't mean to. It was a chore to get the 250 clicks and I found my thumb fatigued to the point where I didn't continue with the clicking fast enough and....had to start all over again.

Not once did I ever think to try Derek Dean's recommendation but I think that may be the easiest way to go.