Comparison question regarding the big lights (Fenix RC40/TK75, Olight SR 92/95

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings! Looking for some comparison insight to those who have/had experiences with the following lights now that they've been around for a while now. Patriot's videos have been AWESOME and perhaps if you do see this can also add some longer term perspectives.

If one is interested in larger light (Fenix TK75 with extenders) or the RC40 - how would that compare with beams to the SR92 - haven't seen much of that comparison out there. The Olight SR96 is looking good - however I thought someone mentioned the 20K candela range for the light which is not a lot of throw at all for that amount of lumens...

Out of the larger-sized lights - what do you grab?

Many thanks RC

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
I have the TK70,TK75 and RC40 but I don't have a SR92. The hot spots and throw of the 75 vs 40
are to me almost identical. There was no wow factor in that regard comparing them like I had thought
there would be. The 40 does have more spill. The spill is both brighter and closer to the light. Good for
walking in the open as you can see closer to your feet but bad if your trying to spot something distant with high weeds/growth or a fence close to you. It lights up those things alot and I find it some what distracting.

The 75 with extender is going to beat the 40 on run time but it's a royal pain to have to fiddle with eight
cells and two carriers for charging. Not bad if your only doing it once a week but daily and it could get
old. I find myself using the 40 more because it's so easy to just plug it in.

Both handle heat very well and you can run the crap out of them unlike my TM 15 and 26.

I have $298 wrapped up in my 75.
The light was $164
Extender and four ARBs $94
Four ARBs $40
I snagged the 40 for $263

As to the SR96 I too am watching that one. It apears that it will not be a thrower but more of a flooder.
The TMs are floody compared to the TK75 and RC40. I grab the TM15 a lot for short runs out to 50/75 yards but any small light with high output is going to get hot. Good only for short runs on max. I'm selling the TM26 to my daughter for $100 because even scanning the river bank for 10 minutes and it just gets
too hot. I didn't buy high output light to run them on low.

If you (or anyone) have any more questions I will do my best to help.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks Dark Slayer! That is VERY insightful and useful information. Love to hear real-world experiences! I've had have the SR92 for about a year and I think it's a great light with a good amount of flood & Throw. Actually, when I first got the light, I was surprised to see that it had as much of a focused beam and throw as it did. Was expecting more of a flood... As you say, it will be interesting to see when the SR96 will land in the hands of users or selfbuilt to provide a good review. Data that's coming out certainly suggests a real Flood beam with Candela reaching out to what my Eagletac G25C2 mk II can cover in terms of distance. With a heck of a lot more flood obviously. Was hoping that the 96 would have at least the 48K-ish lux which is where the SR92 is...

I love the Olight's style very much and I think they put out a great quality product. However, it looks as though since wanting a larger form light the RC40 will probably be the one.. I don't need to necessarily charge every day, but the plug-in charging is definitely convenient and having the batt. meter also handy.

You seem to have gotten a great price for yours, if you ordered it somewhere specific would love to hear from where. Will probably also look to sell the SR92 at a great price as well to get the RC40.

Many thanks again for the info!

Cheers,
RC

firelord777

Enlightened
From what I read, the SR96 will be VERY floody, think of it as a portable stadium light. If you need throw, I have the SR95 and its fantastic, but if you have more Benjamin's on you, there's also the DEFT-X (which I don't have:()

I'm keeping a close eye on the SR96 and TK76,

Cheers:)

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
I don't need to necessarily charge every day, but the plug-in charging is definitely convenient and having the batt. meter also handy. You seem to have gotten a great price for yours, if you ordered it somewhere specific would love to hear from where. Will probably also look to sell the SR92 at a great price as well to get the RC40. Many thanks again for the info!Cheers,RC
The meter is cool when charging but in use running it hard it seemed to go from 3/4 to 1/4 pretty quick and stay there until turbo ran out. Not real useful in my opinion.I got mine from eBay. Wasn't sure if I wanted it but won at a low bid so I got lucky.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks for the input! This is great info!! I too am keeping eyes on the TK76 - looks VERY interesting, however by the pic it does look like a shorter light. I wonder if anyone has the SR95 and the RC40 - would be curious on just how much more flood we're talking about... Looks pretty substantial - I think the SR95 has a great design - very cool looking. Also, with that new design of the SR96, I thought I read somewhere that dust gets into the cut-outs around the head.