Fenix PD32 side switch?

RyeBread

Newly Enlightened
So far, I am very impressed with this light. It performs exactly as expected, and maybe even a little bit better, since I have no problem with the side switch and clicky layout that so many people dislike.

Anyway, if I press the side switch, then move my finger from side to side while still pressing the button, some part of the switch clicks and moves. I'm worried that the switch could be broken somehow. It works perfectly, it just has that suspicious clicking and jiggling.

Has anyone else with a Fenix PD32 noticed this, or are do my fears of an (almost) broken switch have a legitimate basis?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PD32UE also does that. I'm curious to hear what people say about this too.

buds224

Enlightened
I've had my PD32 for quite a while and, recently, I noticed a rattle in the head when I shake the light. I know it's the head coz I removed the head and tailcap to locate the rattle. Strangely, when I hold the side switch, it stops the rattling. Other than that, the light works perfectly. As far as the OP's specific description, I checked and mine does not do that, although I can't help but think it may be related.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm not sure what that is, but I also noticed a lot of variation in the sound and feel of the switches among different models, or even differnet units of the same model for that matter.

RyeBread

Newly Enlightened
@buds224: Mine also has a very small rattle. I removed the head to check.

Has anyone tried opening theirs up for any reason? Maybe they could provide some insight as to whether that's just the way the buttons are, or if they break more easily than expected. I have only dropped my light once, but the clicks and rattle began before then.

If it's a widespread thing, and it seems like it could be, maybe Fenix just uses funny buttons.

den331

Newly Enlightened
My PD32UE is also creeks when pressing side to side
So far, I am very impressed with this light. It performs exactly as expected, and maybe even a little bit better, since I have no problem with the side switch and clicky layout that so many people dislike.

Anyway, if I press the side switch, then move my finger from side to side while still pressing the button, some part of the switch clicks and moves. I'm worried that the switch could be broken somehow. It works perfectly, it just has that suspicious clicking and jiggling.

Has anyone else with a Fenix PD32 noticed this, or are do my fears of an (almost) broken switch have a legitimate basis?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest just to leave them alone as trying to get inside will just invalidate any warranty you may have left.I have the 32 and 35 and just use them and after reading this i am not even going to look or try but use as normal.

den331

Newly Enlightened
oh just today my pd32 UE side switch need to be press harder to switch modes maybe because i use it alot . i want to take of the head but i cant so i just spray a contact cleaner in the 2 holes of the head and if work fine again