Using Twisty with LSH-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
Well, after hearing all of CPF rave about the benefits of the twisty vs. the clickie, I decided to buy 2 twisties for my LSH-P. These are unfinished of course...

Problem is, they are too long for the LSH-P...simply will not make a connection (at least I don't have to worry about crushed battery syndrome!)

So, my question is, what is the best way to make the twisty use-able with the LSH-P? I have used foil, and it does work, but it is so...cheesy. I want a slick mod for the twisty that will make it work, be permanent and do justice to the quality work of art that is the ARC LSH-P.

Anyone come up with such a solution?

unnerv

Enlightened
If it is an unfinished one and too long, probably the easiest thing to do is have someone with a lathe shorten the front end so it makes the connection.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
Unnerv,

Thank you for the suggestion, however, that won't work because even when screwed all the way down it won't light up.

I need to build up the neg contact somehow...perhaps solder?

Anyone figure this out for their LSH-P yet?

One good thing...I have a very reliable Kroll. I just want a twisty back up!

Dan C

Enlightened
What unnerv means is to cut back the shoulder on the batt pack so it will screw down farther before bottoming out on the head. Believe me it'll work then. If you send it to me and cover postage I'll do it. It takes about 30 seconds.

Dan C

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
Dan,

Cool I really appreciate your response and offer. I will try to find someone locally that can do it and if not, I will gladly take you up on that!

I thought unnerv was referring to cutting off some threads...now I understand!

Thanks

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the mean time you could put a light spring in the bottom. If it works, bond it in centered with conductive Epoxy. It may stop the rattle too. Just a thought. Not as cheesy as "Jammin some foil in there".

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Try a differnt brand of battery.

My LSP with twisty will not work with Surefire batteries. Works with some Duracells, and works always with one lot # of Toshiba's but not with another Lot # of Toshiba's. Obviosuly you need a longer battery than the one you are using. No two brands or lot #'s are alike and there is a rather significant length range in C123 batteries.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
All great replies!

Unnerv, I am in the CA bay area...but the wrong bay (Santa Monica!)

Atomic6, I used a spring and that worked, but I was unaware that there was such a thing as conductive epoxy!

And AR15fan, I have only tried Surefire batts...I will try other brands. Thank you for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.