How do you program a ZebraLight SC52W?

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
I have a ZebraLight SC52W and I am able to program one of the settings for Low, but not the second setting. So I am stuck at Low setting one 0.06 which I like, but I can't get the second setting to 0.34.......... Is this just not possible?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you're in the low setting, double click six times, then starting with the 7th double clicking, keep double clicking and it will take you through the 3 levels available for L2. When you find the level you want for L2, just click once to turn the light off and it will remember that for L2.

When you turn the light back on and go to the low level, you'll be able to choose between the fixed L1 level and the L2 level you just selected, by double clicking. It's the same process for M2 and H2.

Enjoy your new light :).

Last edited:

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
When you're in the low setting, double click six times, then starting with the 7th double clicking, keep double clicking and it will take you through the 3 levels available for L2. When you find the level you want for L2, just click once to turn the light off and it will remember that for L2.

When you turn the light back on and go to the low level, you'll be able to choose between the fixed L1 level and the L2 level you just selected, by double clicking. It's the same process for M2 and H2.

Enjoy your new light :).

I'm gonna talk some smack to you for a second........... Why on earth would you tell me how to do something that you know I already know how to do. You troll, your trolling me, why, are you bored, is this entertaining to you?

It's clear from my post that I already know how to program the second setting, as evidence by me ACTUALLY STATING IT IN MY THREAD. There is a primary setting that soe places on the internet are saying you can program, and others stating it is fixed.

Well, is L1 programmable? Sounds like it is not, but restating something you know that I know like I'm dumb makes you a troll.

Good bye.

Streamer

Enlightened
I have a ZebraLight SC52W and I am able to program one of the settings for Low, but not the second setting. So I am stuck at Low setting one 0.06 which I like, but I can't get the second setting to 0.34.......... Is this just not possible?

I had the same problem in Medium with sc52.. Light was defective. Sent it back. Also hated the green tint. Kept me from getting a replacement. BTW, Derek Dean is a pretty good guy IMO. Always trying to help. Send your 52 back for a replacement and be happy.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just programmed my SC52W (following Derek Dean's instruction) to .06 and .34. It definitely seems like your light isn't working properly.

One member trying to help another, even if the answer doesn't fully satisfy the first, isn't very troll-like to me.

Grizz

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Derek Dean is probably one of the nicest guys in CPF here and you are calling him a troll? In your first post you aren't exactly clear and precise in mentioning that you know how to program the light. You asked for help and Derek Dean was trying to give you sound advice and the least you should do is thank him even if he misunderstood your request. Your comments are downright rude to the core and is really unnecessary!

LEDburn

Enlightened
Well, is L1 programmable? Sounds like it is not, but restating something you know that I know like I'm dumb makes you a troll.

You started a thread and asked for help. It was quite clear from your first post that you didn't quite understand the operation or features of your Zebralight.

Here's a segment of information from the product page on the Zebralight website:

This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels or strobes.

Derek Dean stated not only that the primary level of each mode is fixed, but also how to program the second level.
Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking but that is exactly the same information you could have found out yourself instead of getting angry. Someone isn't quite as smart as they think they are. It's kinda like you're dumb but I am pretty sure you said you weren't :confused:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Wow... For someone who needs help, you certainly are impatient. Quick suggestion, when asking for help, try being nice. You may eventually get the help you're looking for :D

Honestly though, after what you said to derek, I'd much rather not :p

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, thanks for the support guys. No I'm not a troll :). I guess I must have misunderstood your original post, Lightingman. The only reason I went through the instructions like that was that I remember when I got my first Zebralight, and even though I had downloaded the manual and read the instructions many times before it arrived, I was still confused as heck when I first sat down and tried to program the levels. In fact, I was sure I had a malfunctioning light. Seriously.

Of course, after spending some serious time with the instructions and playing with the light, I found the UI to be wonderfully intuitive, and was hoping that by re-phrasing the instructions, it might make more sense to a new owner.

Sorry if I was stating the obvious, but like malfunctioning computers and Home Theater components, I've found it's always best to start with the obvious, like "is it plugged in?". That sounds obvious, but I can't tell you how many times I've found that to be the case when trouble shooting a friend's HT system.

In any case, at the risk of sounding obvious again, I've had quite a few lights that seemed to be malfunctioning, and often a good cleaning of all the electrical contact points and a fresh charge on the batteries was all that was needed to get them back into good operating condition. I hope it's that simple in your case.

Good luck, and no hard feelings.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm gonna talk some smack to you for a second........... Why on earth would you tell me how to do something that you know I already know how to do. You troll, your trolling me, why, are you bored, is this entertaining to you?

It's clear from my post that I already know how to program the second setting, as evidence by me ACTUALLY STATING IT IN MY THREAD. There is a primary setting that soe places on the internet are saying you can program, and others stating it is fixed.

Good bye.

It will be goodbye Lightingman if you can't conduct yourself in a more reasonable manner.

Further posting in the above style will see you taking some time off.

Norm

Hey, thanks for the support guys. No I'm not a troll :). I guess I must have misunderstood your original post, Lightingman.

Trying to help, doesn't make you a Troll, misunderstanding the OP doesn't make you a Troll, Posting as rudely as Lightingman has makes you a troll.

Last edited:

Swede74

Enlightened
I just programmed my SC52W (following Derek Dean's instruction) to .06 and .34. It definitely seems like your light isn't working properly.

One member trying to help another, even if the answer doesn't fully satisfy the first, isn't very troll-like to me.

Grizz

Were you able to program the L1 level as well as the L2? I have the Zebralight SC52, and on it L1 is fixed at 2.7 lumen and L2 can be programmed to 0.34, 0.06 or 0.01 lumen. I know Zebralight has revised the user interface for their new headlamps, and in the past we have seen minor changes from one batch to another (all levels current controlled on the SC51 a few months before it was discontinued, for example) so I guess it's possible the SC52w has been updated. :thinking:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know L1 is still fixed, I don't know how grizzman claims to have programmed to 0.34 and 0.06 (actually more like 0.1 and 0.01, the sub-levels are lower than claimed), as it simply isn't possible with the current UI.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know L1 is still fixed, I don't know how grizzman claims to have programmed to 0.34 and 0.06 (actually more like 0.1 and 0.01, the sub-levels are lower than claimed), as it simply isn't possible with the current UI.

Yes I am also confused. L1/M1/H1 should not be programmable, only L2/M2/H2. Since neither .34 or .06 are L1, it's impossible to have them both programmed at once.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems I wasn't overly clear in my explanation. I was able to program L2 to each of the available options.

Grizz