So what are you mostly using to browse the forum with? Tablet? Notebook? PC?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
or combination?

Sony Vaio ultrabook all the way for when I'm posting beam shots, research or shopping the web. Otherwise an iPad mini for light posting and browsing.

Can't wait for the new Intel Haswell processor ultrabooks (with windows 7 please). Battery run times are set to increase 50%. :D

markr6

Flashaholic
Work desktop. After 8 hours at work, I just can't seem to get on my computer no matter how addicted I am to CPF and some other sites. Besides, that 5pm-11pm timeframe seems to last about 30 minutes :(

nbp

Flashaholic
I've noticed if you look at the "Who's Online" feature, the majority of users are browsing with TapaTalk. So that means most are using phones or tablets as opposed to PCs. Pretty interesting, I think. Quite a change over a few years ago. I use a combination: PC at home, iPhone if I'm out.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laptop running Windows 7.

Wireless gives me a headache (yes seriously), so wired only connections for me.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Desktop PC/Win 7. Test messaging is bad enough...there is no way I am going to start browsing and typing long messages on my phone.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hmmm, various desktops, including mac/windows...Android tablet, and smart phone, and, windows laptop.

The laptop doesn't recognize the "Return" key...so its a bit annoying to post from, the tablet and phone DO work with returns, but the text windows get teeny and hard to work with, and editing is a nightmare. Overall, the desktops are the only platform that is comfortable.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly my dual-booting laptop running either Windows 8 or Ubuntu 12.04, lately Ubuntu for the most part. When I'm at home I often dock it though which gives me much more screen space. I like to open a ton of tabs all at once which I think would be annoying on a tablet. I like my iPhone for reading sports news, but there I don't open so many tabs.

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Tapatalk on iPhone 4.

I understand web advertisement, it just doesn't interest me and it's a turn off, so on my laptop I run ad killers and for iPhone I use tapatalk.

The down side of tapatalk is the lack of being able to deal with things like filling out profile info, but it beats the pants off of browsing through chrome or safari.

Tapatalk

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened
2013 nexus 7, Samsung galaxy nexus phone, my laptop, or my desktop. Browsing is better on my tablet but posting can be kind of difficult.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
iPad mini with tapatalk HD. The newest version keeps crashing but totally worth it for the push notifications. Need a keyboard though, my thumbs are killing me.

Last edited:

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
HP laptop - G62 with a core i5 and 64bit windows7. Firefox, Chrome if I need a website translated, IE as a last resort.

Latest posts