Lanyard annoying when light is clipped to the inside of pants pocket?

passive101

Enlightened
My regular EDC is a small AA Zebralight sc52. I don't use a lanyard on that one. I do have a much larger Fenix PD35 which I take with me usually only when I plan on being in the dark or there is a decent chance of it. Of course soon the PD35 will also be going through some corn mazes as well (on the 10 lumen setting for most of it though unless I want to show off) :devil:

I use the clip on it to put it in my front pocket usually unless I'm planning on using it, then I'll use the nylon holster that it came with.

Do you find it annoying to have a lanyard on a light when it's clipping on the inside of your pocket? This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I put the light on my right side along with my keys at the bottom of the pocket and my wallet. It's a lot of things in a single pocket. I can't use it on my left pocket as my cell phone is in that one and I can't have anything else in that pocket without fear of scratches.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
My regular EDC is a small AA Zebralight sc52. I don't use a lanyard on that one. I do have a much larger Fenix PD35 which I take with me usually only when I plan on being in the dark or there is a decent chance of it. Of course soon the PD35 will also be going through some corn mazes as well (on the 10 lumen setting for most of it though unless I want to show off) :devil:

I use the clip on it to put it in my front pocket usually unless I'm planning on using it, then I'll use the nylon holster that it came with.

Do you find it annoying to have a lanyard on a light when it's clipping on the inside of your pocket? This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I put the light on my right side along with my keys at the bottom of the pocket and my wallet. It's a lot of things in a single pocket. I can't use it on my left pocket as my cell phone is in that one and I can't have anything else in that pocket without fear of scratches.
I have a long lanyard (big enough to fit ove my head) on my ra twisty (no clip)
i loop it around my belt twice before dropping the light in the pocket
this keeps the lanyard tight and out of the way
IMG_2277_zps49578366.jpg

c3smith

Newly Enlightened
leave the cell phone in the car, and mine got scratched, then i didn't worry about it any more.
you could get a case for it too

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
After losing a 47s titanium mini 123 at the TX state fair I keep a lanyard on my personal lights. I loop the lanyard around my belt of what ever pants I'm wearing. Only my surefires have pocket clips which I ignore just like knife clips and put them deep in my pockets to reduce the chances of losing one.