New fenix e11 vs old

chrisw1

Newly Enlightened
I recently posted a new thread asking for something is,liar to my e11 and got several great leads, however I think it just helped me realize how much that little light suits my needs. I am not a flashaholic per se but I edc, use a light at work several times a day, have a light in my car, have a light in my travel bag(travel for a living), and have a light next to my home defense sidearm. Amazing how often a simple little light can be useful. After using a few lights I love the e11 for simplicity, reliability, AA batteries, price, usable and long lasting low mode, and size, with a weak throw being my only significant gripe. I saw that there is a new e11 out but after searching immensely could not find a direct comparison between the new and old models. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. As usual thanks to all. This is a very informative and friendly forum.

N_N_R

Enlightened
Hi, I've had both the new and the old one. I prefer the new one because of its different design. The oldest old was 105 / 32 lumens, I think, while the newer old and hte newest one are 115/38, not that significant a difference.

I prefer the new one because it is shorter with about 0.5-1 cantimetres than the old one, although the specs don't say so. Apart from the... physical difference, I don't think there's such a great difference in their performances. ALso, my new E11 gets much hotter than the old E11 . I don'tknow if this is valid for all samples or just mine.

chrisw1

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've had both the new and the old one. I prefer the new one because of its different design. The oldest old was 105 / 32 lumens, I think, while the newer old and hte newest one are 115/38, not that significant a difference.

I prefer the new one because it is shorter with about 0.5-1 cantimetres than the old one, although the specs don't say so. Apart from the... physical difference, I don't think there's such a great difference in their performances. ALso, my new E11 gets much hotter than the old E11 . I don'tknow if this is valid for all samples or just mine.

Thanks for the info. Is there any change in the focus of the beam? More or less throw or am I just being optimistic?

N_N_R

Enlightened
Mmmmm.... I can't really say, I haven't measured.... to me it doesn't look different, though I think there are some minor differences in the specs mentioned by the manufacturer. I forgot to mention... for me it's very difficult, next to impossible, to twist the head and change the modes with one hand on the new model. Again, don't know if it's just my sample or all of them are such.

yowzer

Enlightened
The E11 was changed? Googles furiously. Hmm. I don't like the styling of the new body. The knurling of the original design was interestingly different. Going to the bog standard diamond pattern is boring. And they didn't even give it a clip!

ico

Enlightened
Its an "E" model thats why there is no clip I think.
The only gripe I have about it is the plastic lens. It has already many scratch marks though I onky received the light 2 days ago

wjv

Enlightened
The LD15 is similar, but is more floodier, and has a lower low. .