fenix TK-40 replacment battery carriage ?

Barbcue

Newly Enlightened
hi ,
new im new to the forums this is my fist post. :)

i have a Fenix TK-40 that has been discountinued for around 2 years and needs a replacement battery carriage

the original one had a set of batterys left it in it and they leaked, basically destroying the carriage

ive tried Fenix outfitters and Fenix tactical both have been a no-go

does anyone know if there is a substitute carriage that works or a place that might carry the original ?

thanks
Barbcue

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
hi ,
new im new to the forums this is my fist post. :)

i have a Fenix TK-40 that has been discountinued for around 2 years and needs a replacement battery carriage

the original one had a set of batterys left it in it and they leaked, basically destroying the carriage

ive tried Fenix outfitters and Fenix tactical both have been a no-go

does anyone know if there is a substitute carriage that works or a place that might carry the original ?

thanks
Barbcue
If you used batteries with replacement guarantee they could remimburse you for a new light I would think

Latango

Newly Enlightened
I asked em that recently, they said they didn't have anything. Got a free tailcap though, I love fenix to pieces.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can think of only a few other choices: (1) rebuild the carrier with parts from the hardware store, or (2) check that big auction site frequently for a used TK40. As stated ^ you could write to the battery maker and see what they can do for you. Some of them have a "no-leak damage" warranty. More ideas: (3) place a WTB ad in the CPFMP, (4) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?283994-Fenix-TK40-Simple-Fix (5) The TK41 has a similar battery carrier (maybe it could be modified?).

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TK41 carrier works with the TK40. The UK distributor sells them - they are myfenix.co.uk. The German distributor flashlightshop.de might have them too. Buy some eneloops too so you won't have to throw another battery carrier.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
The Fenix TK41 carrier works with the TK40. The UK distributor sells them - they are myfenix.co.uk. The German distributor flashlightshop.de might have them too. Buy some eneloops too so you won't have to throw another battery carrier.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

Nice link. Thanks