Imalent        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fenix PD35 ,850 Lm,powerful,compact 18650 flashlight-REVIEW

Default Re: Fenix PD35 ,850 Lm,powerful,compact 18650 flashlight-REVIEW

Thanks for this excellent review. This helped me decide on my first fenix...which of course is a PD35. I also splurged and bought a couple of fenix ARB-L2 batteries and the ARE-C1 charger. Now if I can just get it mounted on my AR-15, I'll be G2G!

BTW, the brand new ARB-L2s stayed in the charger less than 2 hours before the charger LEDs turned green. I checked them both with my Fluke DVM and got 4.143 and 4.154 volts. Don't know if this is good but I figure on monitoring the charger's performance over time.
    Last edited by Durand Durand; 01-24-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durand Durand View Post
    BTW, the brand new ARB-L2s stayed in the charger less than 2 hours before the charger LEDs turned green. I checked them both with my Fluke DVM and got 4.143 and 4.154 volts. Don't know if this is good but I figure on monitoring the charger's performance over time.
    Your voltage results are similar to what my batteries do when charged on the ARE-C1 charger. Using either Tenergy or Fenix batteries, my freshly charged batteries measure about 4.15 volts. While I wouldn't mind if the charger would charge all the way to 4.2 volts, I'd rather have them charge to 4.15 volts than charge over 4.2 volts.

Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    Thanks for the review. It took me WAY too long to figure out that this flashlight is the one I wanted.

I donno if there is a sale forum page, but the official Fenix-Store dot com has a good deal on their flashlights with the APP10 10% discount. I not only got the Fenix PD35 but their new 18650B 3400mAH Pany protected rechargeable batteries. With the discount, the batteries come out about the same price as the Orbtronics and no sales tax and free shipping. Plus their charger PLUS their over the top HP30 Headlamp. I just couldn't help myself! Imagine hitting a trail with 1700+ lumens. Deer will be blinded, birds will start chirping for the dawn, forest fires will be reported...

Congrats! Nice Fenix combo

Quote Originally Posted by Redstorm View Post
    I bought one recently and am really impressed by the built and the brightness. Haven't really have a chance to try it outdoor but from my limited time playing with it indoor, it is darn good. I initially wanted the Nitecore P12 but the regular store that I got my flashlights from doesn't carry the Nitecore products. So, I went for the PD35 without any regrets.
    Good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Durand Durand View Post
    Thanks for this excellent review. This helped me decide on my first fenix...which of course is a PD35. I also splurged and bought a couple of fenix ARB-L2 batteries and the ARE-C1 charger. Now if I can just get it mounted on my AR-15, I'll be G2G!

Glad my review is helpful.

Thanks guys for the info about the chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby214 View Post
    Your voltage results are similar to what my batteries do when charged on the ARE-C1 charger. Using either Tenergy or Fenix batteries, my freshly charged batteries measure about 4.15 volts. While I wouldn't mind if the charger would charge all the way to 4.2 volts, I'd rather have them charge to 4.15 volts than charge over 4.2 volts.

I have been looking at another light to replace my PD32UE - this one looks pretty sweet...

this happened on my PD32UE but it happened to my unit after 8 months of use. i sprayed the inside of the head with contact cleaner now it's good as new. but the bad news is it ruined my reflector . because i dont know how to take apart the head
    Quote Originally Posted by dekxx View Post
    just got this about a week ago. Today as I was playing with it, I noticed that the mode switch has become a bit unresponsive and once in a while the brightness will not change when I press the switch and have to press it harder to change the modes. The mode switch may have become less sensitive. Anybody else have this problem? It is not so bad so am holding out on contacting Fenix for replacement under the 2 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by TracerX View Post
    I have been looking at another light to replace my PD32UE - this one looks pretty sweet...
    Nitecore P12

Great review! I bought the PD35 not long ago & love it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLAWLS1 View Post
    Great review! I bought the PD35 not long ago & love it.
    Thanks. Enjoy it!
    I measured the output of PD35 about 940 lumen. My lightbox is in testing phase yet,so the value is not 100% accurate,but this flashlight is definitely brighter than many other lights.

All measurements are taken 30sec after activation.

Unenlightened

Awesome review! This def helps with choosing what I want!

Unenlightened

I just got my Fenix PD35. I love it. I actually like the side button to cycle through the output levels.

Very easy to use.

The PD35 has surprised even me
    I bought a Lux meter, is not professional, but I think it's accurate because I did a lot of measurements and found evidence of what is declared by the manufacturers.
    I have found from 10500 to 12000 lux which is much more than the promised 8500.

(translate with Google)

Thumbs up Re: Fenix PD35 ,850 Lm,powerful,compact 18650 flashlight-REVIEW

Thank you FlashLion for this very informative review. You certainly helped me in my decision to purchase the PD35. I appreciate the effort.

Thanks again.

Wow, that's one of the most excellent reviews I've ever seen. I just ordered a PD35 a couple minutes ago.

I own a PD35, it worked well for the first month. I seem to have a serious issue with the switch, my flashlight is temperamental and unreliable. I think Fenix should recall them and do further testing. If other people have the same issue please post it. I own many Fenix lights and hope this is an isolated incident.

I think one of the guys will suggest that you tighten up the switch a little.

If you go to the first post, one of those photos shows you the two indentions on the inside of the switch, you can put the tips of some needle nose in them and tighten, or loosen the adjustment.

WOW! This is what I would call a detailed review deluxe!

Great job here!

I am now going to purchase this light!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRemover View Post
    WOW! This is what I would call a detailed review deluxe!

Great job here!

I am now going to purchase this light!
    Thank you!
    It is a great flashlight and really powerful. You'll like it.

My Fenix PD35 is a wonderful flashlight!

My PD35 and E35UE - Grrreat lights!....my 2 favorites.
    Last edited by LAMPARITA; 04-03-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks for your collective responses and sharing your experiences
    with the PD35. Picked one up based primarily on your enthusiasm
    as well as i4 charger and a pair of 18650 batteries. After carrying
    around a Surefire 6P with Malkoff reflector for several years. It's
    now playing second fiddle to the PD35 the past week. r-

Flashaholic

I just picked up a PD35 at REI this evening as I had a discount plus my dividend there. That brought it down to almost half off retail, which was nice. I was surprised to like this light as much as I did. I had been wanting a Olight S10, and got to try several different Fenix and Nitecore lights at REI. But this one just felt right in the hand and in the pocket.

Your review, FL, is very informative and has excellent pics too. Thank you for posting it. I am impressed with the handling of this light, the switches, the modes offered (Yay, no extraneous flash modes!), and the side switch is nice. The beam profile and output was rivaling the much larger Nitecore EA4. I am liking this light a lot!
    Spark headlamp,712-L headlamp,D25c mini,Fenix PD35, E+Lite, Zipka, Novatac 85T.

Great review!
    Thanks for that. I purchased the PD35 which is my second Fenix,, I am very happy with this light! I also own the TK20,, which I like as well,,, But, I am looking into the TK61... would like a good thrower...

Thanks Again
    Cheers
    TK20
    PD35

Quote Originally Posted by vic303 View Post
    I just picked up a PD35 at REI this evening as I had a discount plus my dividend there. That brought it down to almost half off retail, which was nice. I was surprised to like this light as much as I did. I had been wanting a Olight S10, and got to try several different Fenix and Nitecore lights at REI. But this one just felt right in the hand and in the pocket.

Your review, FL, is very informative and has excellent pics too. Thank you for posting it. I am impressed with the handling of this light, the switches, the modes offered (Yay, no extraneous flash modes!), and the side switch is nice. The beam profile and output was rivaling the much larger Nitecore EA4. I am liking this light a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
    My Fenix PD35 is a wonderful flashlight!
    Quote Originally Posted by raymond~ View Post
    Thanks for your collective responses and sharing your experiences
    with the PD35. Picked one up based primarily on your enthusiasm
    as well as i4 charger and a pair of 18650 batteries. After carrying
    around a Surefire 6P with Malkoff reflector for several years. It's
    now playing second fiddle to the PD35 the past week. r-
    PD35 is really handy light.
    Enjoy it guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekon View Post
    Great review!
    Thanks for that. I purchased the PD35 which is my second Fenix,, I am very happy with this light! I also own the TK20,, which I like as well,,, But, I am looking into the TK61... would like a good thrower...

Thanks Again
    Cheers
    Thanks.
    I don't have the TK61,but from what I read on the forum,it is another great light from Fenix. Definitely a good choise for a thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel140 View Post
    I own a PD35, it worked well for the first month. I seem to have a serious issue with the switch, my flashlight is temperamental and unreliable. I think Fenix should recall them and do further testing. If other people have the same issue please post it. I own many Fenix lights and hope this is an isolated incident.
    Like Braddy said, try tightening up the switch. When I called Fenix with their battery problem, the lady had me do exactly that with the switch. Of course, it didn't fix a broken Fenix battery...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby214 View Post
    After returning my defective Fenix battery (returned all of them and their charger as we did not know what was wrong with them), I bought the Obtronics 3400mah batteries and the Nitecore intellicharger version 2 from Amazon. I charged up the 4 batteries and every single one of them came out of the charger with exactly 4.2 volts on them. Mind you, I used my HP voltmeter with 5 digits below the decimal point but all measured exactly 4.2 volts. I drained one for a while until the voltage started dropping a bit and the extra digits popped up so the voltmeter was not just rounding up or down. Surprising results!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    After returning my defective Fenix battery (returned all of them and their charger as we did not know what was wrong with them), I bought the Obtronics 3400mah batteries and the Nitecore intellicharger version 2 from Amazon. I charged up the 4 batteries and every single one of them came out of the charger with exactly 4.2 volts on them. Mind you, I used my HP voltmeter with 5 digits below the decimal point but all measured exactly 4.2 volts. I drained one for a while until the voltage started dropping a bit and the extra digits popped up so the voltmeter was not just rounding up or down. Surprising results!
    That's great. My I4 has 4.21V terminating voltage. Your is even better. I just would like their build quality to be higher,but they do their job well and my I4 is my trusted charger.

nice review as usual! (I know I'm late replying, but one of my best friends just got a PD35 and I found your review first through Google )

One question: so the PD35 is, in fact, wide enough for the "fat" 18650s? My friend uses two CR123s right now and I'm recommending him to use 18650s (because they are twice the capacity, better voltage holding under load, rechargeable, etc.)

Can anyone confirm if the PD35 will fit Redilast 3400 mAh 18650s?

Thanks guys!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Thanks tobrien! Your comments are always welcome.
    The PD35 should fit any protected 18650 battery. I don't have a Redilast 3400,but I doubt it will not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLion View Post
    Thanks tobrien! Your comments are always welcome.
    The PD35 should fit any protected 18650 battery. I don't have a Redilast 3400,but I doubt it will not fit.
    No problem! your reviews are always awesome!

thank you for the info about the Redilast 3400 fitment. Worst case scenario, I can trade him an AW for the Redilast haha (if, for some reason, there were fitment issues)
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast