• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD WTS: #2 Must Have Vostro Mvn Search Light

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Mvn

Must Read & Agree Before Purchase: Click Here

This light to be modded is the
Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02 MT-G2. the modded version of this light will refereed to as the Mvn for simplicity sake.

Manufacture info:

• Utilizes a U.S. made top binned Cree MT-G2 P0 LED chip (neutral white)
    Maximum output up to 2420 ANSI lumens
    Highly efficient circuit design offers maximum output and runtime
    68,500 cd beam intensity / 523m beam distance
    Integrated cool fins design provide better cooling
    Smooth polished reflector creates maximum throw
    Aircraft grade aluminum, mil-spec hard anodized for maximum wear
    Toughened ultra-clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating
    Large cooper heat sink pad for superior thermal conductivity
    Magnetic ring control switch allows you to select desired output easily
    Total length: 208.5mm / Light body diameter: 51mm / Light head diameter: 80mm
    Weight 680 gram without battery
    Twist the front magnetic ring in clockwise direction for Strobe, Off, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, and L6 mode
    Uses four 18650 batteries for extended period runtime(able to use 2 or 3 18650s if needed) or 4, 6, and 8 CR123 primary batteries
    Battery holder can be loaded into searchlight either way
    Low voltage warning to alert user to recharge batteries in time(output drops to L2)
    • LED: Cree MTG2 Neutral White (BK-FA02)
    • Max Output : 2400 lumens (BK-FA02)
    • Peak Beam Intensity: 60,500 (BK-FA02)
    • Max Beam Distance/Throw: 492m (BK-FA02)
    • Powered by 4x 18650 or 8 CR123A
    • Body material: aluminum and magnesium
    • Dimensions: Length: 208.5mm, Width (tail): 52mm, Width (bezel): 80mm

My Subjective Impression

• Excellent Quality! One of the best quality light I have ever held. This is a light I would grab to show off to non flashlight enthusiast. A light I would keep in my collection long after it's obsolete. A light I enjoy holding just to look at even when it's off.
  • Great Beam Quality! Artifacts free. I hate artifacts!
  • Great UI. Great range of output from low low to Crazy bright. HDS Rotary and V10R are still my dream UI. X40vn came close but not quite.
  • Very bright relative to size. I would pick this light over all the lights I have handled for search and rescue.
  • Excellent water resistant due to design.
  • Tail stand with authority! Great as a nightstand light.
  • Easy on the eyes tint. Makes everything looks 3D.
  • Runs on 18650 & CR123A!!! I don't use CR123A but have a bunch stock up for those times of crisis. If a light can't take CR123A then to me it's not a great Crisis Light.
  • UCL (Ultra Clear Lens) Glass with dual side anti-reflective coating. Camera lens quality like.
  • Excellent runtime and regulation. Can do Low-Low and really HIGH-HIGH.
  • Excellent Price for what you get.

Mod Details:

- Current Bump from 3.69A-4.61A
- MTG2 5000K Direct Bonded to copper heat sink. Factory LED sits on thick layer of dielectric permitting efficient heat transfer.
- Dedome LED gives more throw, filled intense hot spot, and eliminate artifacts found in original beam.
- Small stiff original LED wires replace with 18AWG flexible Silicone wires for better current transfer and impact resistance
- Wiring cut to shortest length possible to reduce resistance
- Permanent thermal adhesive added between LED Copper sink pad and flashlight body
- All current transfer connection in body are chemically cleaned to reduce resistance
- Touch up all current transfer connection and poor solder joint on Circuit
- Battery Carrier touch up for better current transfer
- Light tested Running 30 minutes continuously reliably. Light only got slightly warm due to great mass and heat sinking design.
- All UI are as original. Moonlight L1 still retain.

- If you prefer Dome on let me know

Strobe deactivated by DEFAULT. Let me know if you want to keep strobe.

Beamshots: I tried to exposed the photos to how I see it in real life. Forgot to take control shot but its pretty much moonlight to dark outside. The heavy rain makes the images less clear. The tint in the photos are similar to what I see in real life.

Zebralight S6330 Factory

FA02 Factory

Mvn

Mvn VS FAO2

Just for kicks:

Olight SR90 factory

K40vn

Price: $215 shipped USA. International + $25

$210 If you are a CPF subscribed supporter. You can become a CPF suppoter for as little as $2.50
Subscribe to CPF here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/payments.php

Strobe deactivated by DEFAULT. Let me know if you want to keep strobe.

Last edited:

AmperSand

Enlightened
Re: WTS: V54 #2 Must Have

The suspense will kill all of us. Is it a single 18650 light or multiple?
Kinda hoping it's a V20Cvn. That would be pretty nice with an xpg2 or xpe2.

Will watch this purely to see what it is. If it has you excited its bound to be a hit!

foxxkat

Newly Enlightened
hey vinh, what is the light, V54?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I will go into details of what it is when it here. Tracking above will help us all be on top if it. :)

xed888

Enlightened

What kinda tweaks are you going to do to it?

sbbsga

Enlightened
WTS: My #2 Must Have

Looks like it has a control ring. Argh! I better stop, I will lose sleep if I keep guessing. Hahaha!

Sent from mobile device.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: My #2 Must Have

AHHHH Its like a tv show where they say "here are the results" and then go to commercial... I'm really looking forward to seeing what this is and maybe owning one! Ive been torn between trying to get a x40vn or the k40vn. Maybe this will be the tie breaker for a little while.

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher

Tracking: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=803497777921

This is a light I am very eager to release. I like this and the K40vn equally. That is saying a lot! Yes that means I like it more than the X40vn, TN31vn, TK75vn, T60CSvn, RC40vn…

My Subjective Impression

• Excellent Quality! One of the best quality light I have ever held. This is a light I would grab to show off to non flashlight enthusiast. A light I would keep in my collection long after it's obsolete. A light I enjoy holding just to look at even when it's off.
  • Great Beam Quality! Artifacts free. I hate artifacts!
  • Great UI. Great range of output from low low to Crazy bright. HDS Rotary and V10R are still my dream UI. X40vn came close but not quite.
  • Very bright relative to size. I would pick this light over all the lights I have handled for search and rescue.
  • Excellent water resistant due to design.
  • Tail stand with authority! Great as a nightstand light.
  • Easy on the eyes tint. Makes everything looks 3D.
  • Runs on 18650 & CR123A!!! I don't use CR123A but have a bunch stock up for those times of crisis. If a light can't take CR123A then to me it's not a great Crisis Light.
  • UCL (Ultra Clear Lens) Glass with dual side anti-reflective coating. Camera lens quality like.
  • Excellent runtime and regulation. Can do Low-Low and really HIGH-HIGH.
  • Excellent Price for what you get.

Can't wait until it's here :thumbsup:

Is it a nitecore? If not, does it have PWM? I'm asking because you said it makes things look 3d...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

AHHHH Its like a tv show where they say "here are the results" and then go to commercial... I'm really looking forward to seeing what this is and maybe owning one! Ive been torn between trying to get a x40vn or the k40vn. Maybe this will be the tie breaker for a little while.

Regardless of what this light is. You have to try a K40vn. It's a MUST HAVE! ;-)

I think I only got 1 or 2 left.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

Regardless of what this light is. You have to try a K40vn. It's a MUST HAVE! ;-)

I think I only got 1 or 2 left.

Yeh I know, trying to prioritize all the lights at the top of my list into budget. You make picking lights hard becaues everything you touch seems to turn into awesomeness!!! I want them all! decisions decisions Either way you'll be depleting my paypal soon.

gsbealsjr

Newly Enlightened

Yeh I know, trying to prioritize all the lights at the top of my list into budget. You make picking lights hard becaues everything you touch seems to turn into awesomeness!!! I want them all! decisions decisions Either way you'll be depleting my paypal soon.

I agree! I think I need to get a second job.:eek:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yes if you are on a budget then its good to think many times before making an investment. If you want I can send you a K40vn of this light to see if its worth the investment. If not simply send it back. If yes Send me a check or paypal. Offer withstand until all K40vn sold out.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

Yes if you are on a budget then its good to think many times before making an investment. If you want I can send you a K40vn of this light to see if its worth the investment. If not simply send it back. If yes Send me a check or paypal. Offer withstand until all K40vn sold out.

You are too awesome! but i already know what the outcome would be... could you throw any ideas on price of this new light (general range). I may just have to sell a kidney and get both!

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

Even though i see the tracking number, I have checked this thread like 10 times today waiting for the reveal. Maybe my friends were right, maybe i really do have a problem....