Suggestions & help needed from CPF'ers

Ross

Enlightened
Suggestions & help needed from CPF\'ers

Hi folks,
I was going to post this in the general forum but it involves incan lights, LED's and Homemade lights so I wasnt sure where to put it..

My very kind mum has offered to buy me a flashlight for xmas. She has given me a budget of around $90 to spend. Now, I already have a Tigerlight, a SF D3, a SF G2, a babypin, a LSH-P, an Arc AAA, a SF E2e which I think is a fairly good mixture of flashlights.

I am a police officer and I use a large proportion of my lights at work - I find it the best time to be able to really test them. I need reliability and power.
Rechargeability would be ideal but not essential.

What would you buy given $90?

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

Ross

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Re: Suggestions & help needed from you CPF\'ers

I do believe this question would be better suited to the General Flashlight Forum. Mods, what say you?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

mag charger? US?
if you need power and reliability, how about Ken5 or Maxabeam? not $90 though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened

So how about she pays $ 90 of the total cost and you pay the rest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened

Magcharger or Stinger

DavidTHR

Enlightened

My friend, a LEO, has had an agency issued Streamlight Stinger for about the last 3 years.

He loves it!

It is always on his gun belt, it is powerful, it is rechargeable, and I think you can get one for about $90 or so.

Size15's

Flashaholic

The only thing for "duty" use that would make just as much sense then your TigerLight is the Pila GL4 (or whatever it is called). Not sure how much that costs.

If I was me, I'd be using my 10X for "duty" use if possible or the TigerLight if not. I'd have something like the L4 for EDC.

Al

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about the SL Tasklight 2L or 3L? I'm sure the Xenon version will be mighty bright and could also be a good backup for your Tigerlight?

fivebyfive

Enlightened

How about the sl-20x or sl-20xp? A lot of LEOs use this light too. It has a good reputation among law enforcement.

Bill.H

Enlightened

Have you considered one of ElektroLumen's Blasters?

You seem to already have little and bright covered, how about big, tough, bright, and long-lasting? I believe Wayne has larger-headed LE-only models.

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Hi Ross,

You and I have spoken on this forum before. If you can get one I'd suggest the ordinary rechargeable SL Stinger. It is relatively cheap, can have either a 10 hour or 2 hour fast charger. The newer ones with the 'orange peel' reflectors supply a nice smooth (for an incandescent)beam which is plenty powerful enough for your needs. It is also very tough and as a real bonus is pretty compact. With either a SL nylon holster or one supplied by Niton is very carriable on your duty belt. I know the Super Stinger is more powerful but it is more bulky and I have heard that it is not quite as tough as the ordinary Stinger.

Whatever you get stay safe over Christmas and enjoy your new light.

Doug

Ross

Enlightened

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks. I was trying to avoid this turning into a 'best duty light' thread as we've had those before (and anyway, the Tigerlight is the best...)

The reason for posting in the cafe rather than here in General was to avoid the thread turning into an incandescent thread only. I am VERY interested in some of the more esoteric ideas (Space needles etc etc) but I dont know which version is best. Bill H - I am looking at the Blasters.

Regards

Ross

Latest posts