Have you ever forgot what all lights that you do have?

Glock 22

Enlightened
It's probably a dumb question but do you ever forget what light's you do have. Like I'll open the gun safe and get one out and think where did you come from. Like I've got one of my 9P's out and thought it had this module in it, and it end up being a totally different one. Has that ever happened to you, or am I just getting Alzheimer's disease, or do I have to many lights?

I mean no disrespect at all by mentioning Alzheimer's disease.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Have you ever forgot what all light's that you do have?

It's probably a dumb question but do you ever forget what light's you do have. Like I'll open the gun safe and get one out and think where did you come from. Like I've got one of my 9P's out and thought it had this module in it, and it end up being a totally different one. Has that ever happened to you, or am I just getting Alzheimer's disease, or do I have to many lights?

It is just proof you are a flashaolic, nothing else.

I originally read your thread as "Have you forgotten what your lights do?" meaning that I have so many different interfaces to try and remember I forget how to operate them and need to dig out the instructions to work out how to use some of them. The worse ones are things like the EA2, TM11 and EA8 and their different lockout methods. I ususally end up removing the batteries and starting from unlocked!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

It has gotten to the point that I keep a spreadsheet of the lights I have.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have sometimes forgotten I owned a particular light, perhaps even lightly surprised or delighted, but never to the point I wondered where it came from (but maybe what it was doing there) and I do mean mostly cheapos that only have a single specific purpose.

RIX TUX

Enlightened

I forgot about a couple of SF 's I had...............
Found them and was like I got a new light all over again.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

:twothumbs
Yup, I keep a spreadsheet too... Complete with the stats of the lights... Manufacturer's claimed... Selfbuilt's measured results... Also labelled my many rechargeables and have a separate Excel sheet to monitor purchase dates and status of my individual batteries. A little OCD goes a long way...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too keep a spreadsheet, but even checking it out I sometimes wonder "what does that light look like again?". Now I write the location of dedicated lights...

creyc

Enlightened

I've surprised myself by coming to the realization I'm missing a light or two. :(

Glock 22

Enlightened

Awesome tip, that's what I'll do is make me a spreadsheet of my lights to keep up with them all. Instead of having Alzheimer's, I believe I have Flashheimer's disease .

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened

I have to admit to "rediscovering" flashlights myself. Unfortunately its worse than just forgetting about the light. I've done mod's to certain ones and now forgotten what the mod was precisely. I think some much needed documentation is in my future.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've surprised myself by coming to the realization I'm missing a light or two. :(

Crap! I even forgot that I forgot what happened to like 4-5 lights in my database! Flash-memory is very short termed!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I apologize for not being on topic but it drives me nuts when I see people doing this.

It's lights, not light's. Lights is plural, light's is possessive.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I apologize for not being on topic but it drives me nuts when I see people doing this.

Thank for the English lession of the day. Oh yeah the spelling has been corrected, now let's get back on topic.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that, anyway on topic: I only own one light so it's not hard for me to remember what I have :eek:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Sorry about that, anyway on topic: I only own one light so it's not hard for me to remember what I have :eek:

No problem. You stay on this forum long enough and the one will turn into two, then before you know it you'll have lights everywhere.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened

I'm not so sure it wasn't correct in the original form. Collecting sometimes gets out of hand, then it's hard to tell if you own the lights or if the lights own you!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

:twothumbs
Yup, I keep a spreadsheet too... Complete with the stats of the lights... Manufacturer's claimed... Selfbuilt's measured results... Also labelled my many rechargeables and have a separate Excel sheet to monitor purchase dates and status of my individual batteries. A little OCD goes a long way...
Same here! There are so many bits of information about each light that a spreadsheet seemed like the best solution. Given how much I'm tracking, I think I may be even more OCD than you. ;)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me it's not so much the lights it's the parts!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it!
I have 3 parts bins and i only vaguely know what's in them.

I had a spreadsheet for my lights, maintaining it was a chore. Then my computer died. I've since got it going again but can't seem to find the document.

WTB: anything, and everything SUREFIRE :)