My L4 Saves the Day...erm... Night (Again)!

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Okay, this time, it has got nothing to do with mosquitos. Last night, I worked late and on my way out, I had to go through a long corridor which was totally unlit. There wasn't even ambient light as there were not windows along the corridor, so you can imagine how dark it is. Thus, I whipped out my trusty L4 again, turn it on and voilà - the entire corridor was nicely lit up with a great wall of white light!

I am very impressed! The last time I had to go through this corridor in a similar situation, I tried using an Arc LSL, but it barely lit up a few meters in front of me, nothing like what the L4 did! Okay, maybe I am a bit unfair here, but guess this is what separates the 5Ws from the 1Ws...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
L4 ... the gem of the existing production flashlights ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
bernhard

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
yes L4 is a nice light AND a super nice hand warmer in the winter!

JanCPF

Enlightened
I went out walking in the forest again tonight with my trusted L4. It's such a perfect walking light and I was rewarded with my first ever Badger sighting and even an Owl to top it off.

Jan

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
my story...

I have a little story about the L4 myself:
6 days ago I was conducting an arrest warrent. This guy was known to be violant against police. We (7 Officers) came to his flat at 05:50 a. m. and nobody opened the door...
After I have kicked the door we entered the appartment and searched it for him. When I peeked around a corner of the hallway I realized a sudden noise several meters away. I used my L4, identified myself verbally as a police officer and the perp acted just like a deer in a headlight. He had no change to see anything behind my L4 and after we have cuffed him and switched the lights on he was very surpised how many officers were in his appartment.
When I asked him later he said he had not felt like he could resist the arrest in any way. He was totally confused about what was going on and that he feared, we'd shoot him, if he made any wrong movements. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The super bright/White light of the L4 is just perfect for close quarters. It has a much stronger affect on humans than my previos M2/P60 had.
So nobody was harmed/injured and I had fun with my Flashlights AND got paid while doing so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Holger

Harrkev

Enlightened
Re: my story...

You didn't get to shoot him??? This sounds like a reaon NOT to use this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Just kidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

grnamin

Enlightened

I love these stories! I totally missed the opportunity to shine (no pun intended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) during the recent New York blackout because I was in DC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif These stories should be submitted to Surefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
ho71ko said:
I have a little story about the L4 myself...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holger,

Great story and quite fascinating because I never thought of the L4 in "tactical" terms. This is the first CPF post I've seen from a professional citing the L4's use in such a situation. It might be interesting and useful for other LEOs to read this but most will not since it is "buried" in this thread, unless you repost it as a separate thread.

I agree with Greg; this a perfect story for Surefire because they collect experiences and testimonials and post them on their website.

Brightnorm

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened

Thank you very much for your for your friendly words. I got some more experiences with 6Z, M2, M3 and M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
The L4 is just perfect for indoor use. Several years ago, I thought the E2-type lights would be too small for Duty use, but in the last 6 weeks I became very confortable with my L4. All I need is a proper Holster to carry the light upside down. Right now I'm using a universal type cordura Holster, but it does not fit my bill/needs.
Holger

llvo

Enlightened

you people in the States lives in BIG flat. That's why L4 is not 'tactical' enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

lionken07

Newly Enlightened

Big flat land??

of course the L4 is 'tactical' there since everything is pack together so closely in HK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

honestly the L4 is a good "tactical" light indoor no matter what people say.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think llvo meant either big flats, aka apartment buildings, or big flatlands where a spot would be more useful than a flood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

In Singapore we call our apartment flats also, am I right Chamenos?

Andy Ho

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

yup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif its probably got to do with singapore and hong kong being former british colonies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spango

Newly Enlightened

No... I believe that they are called "pigeon holes". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
In Singapore we call our apartment flats also, am I right Chamenos?

Andy Ho

[/ QUOTE ]

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Spango said:
No... I believe that they are called "pigeon holes". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
So I belief you reside in a "kennel"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i call my place a hamster cage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif