• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (Withdrawn) ** FOR SALE (Price drop) - 6,000 Lumen 5-XML2 compact blaster

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit - Price drop - $160 shipped in US (includes 4 Orbtronic IMRs)

Selling my Vinh SolarStorm/Raging mod. This flashlight is 5.5 inches long.
Mine is the improved XML2 not XML U2, Vinh charged me an extra $30 for XML2s. I also got him to de-dome the XML2s for better throw! This light is awesome with absolutely nothing wrong with it, I'm selling to save for a much larger & totally obnoxious light. This is direct drive so I use IMRs in it. I will sell it for $160 shipped which includes 4 Orbtronic IMR 2250 mAh cells ($40 value). I don't want to sell without the IMRs because I will have no use for IMRs after this light goes.

The light is higher amps (IMRs-between 4.5 - 6amps), and it can handle up to 6-8 minute burst runtimes before getting too hot and needing a cool down period. I must say that when I bought it I couldn't wait to lose the hook/handle, but I quickly realized the hook is fantastic (no holster needed). Here are some not so great cell phone pics but it's better than no pics;

Here is a dark path

Here is the foreground of path lit by the Fenix PD32UE in burst mode (740 lumens)

Here is the foreground lit by SolarStorm

Here is a metal cross walk above tracks, center of cross walk is approximately 60 yards away

Here it is with SolarStorm on it

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FOR SALE (Price drop) - 6,000 Lumen 5-XML2 compact blaster

Price drop Bump

(Awesome power light but i'm just not a fan of direct drive anymore i like everything regulated)

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FOR SALE (Price drop) - 6,000 Lumen 5-XML2 compact blaster

My computer has major issues, I can text beamshots to anyone interested

Dan50

Newly Enlightened
Re: **Pictures Added** FOR SALE (Price drop) - 6,000 Lumen 5-XML2 compact blaster

Have you measured the lux of this light or what does the throw compare to

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Pictures Added** FOR SALE (Price drop) - 6,000 Lumen 5-XML2 compact blaster

I'm not technical I don't know how to do that stuff. I own a Thrunite TN31 XML2 and to me it looks like SolarStorm slightly out throws it, but perhaps the wider beam is playing a trick on my eyes so I don't want to guarantee that, but i'm confident saying that TN31 isn't out throwing SolarStorm

TN31 out threw SolarStorm when I got it, then I sent it back to Vinh to de-dome the LEDs and now it seems equal in throw or slightly better

Last edited: