No Brainer????

Darkaway

Enlightened
The PT Matrix II and the EverLED retail for about the same price, 40 bucks or so. The Matrix II is a complete headlamp system while the EverLED is a simple replacement bulb. From what I can gather from other posts, the "bulb" in the Matrix II is an EverLED, or is it a clone?

Am I missing something here? Seems like a no brainer to me. Why should I buy an EverLED when I can get a complete headlamp with an EverLED for the same price?????

charliek

Enlightened
I don't think it's an Everled.....
Here's a question.... do you already have a headlamp that could take an everled bulb?.. Have you looked at hybrid led/xenon headlamps like the Streamlight Trident that could be had for less than the Matrix II or the Everled?

Have you looked at 5mm LED type headlamps like the Aurora?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also consider this...the Everled is universal in the fact that it can be used with any number of cells from 1 to 6, as long as voltage doesn't exceed 9 volts. Chances are the bulb in the Matrix can only be used with a specific voltage, but I could be wrong.

Darkaway

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, but let me be more concise with my question: Does anyone out there know for sure, without doubt, that the bulb in the Matrix II is in fact a genuine EverLED ????

Wylie

Enlightened
I got mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
fa638bbf.jpg

This is a four AA headlamp I have an EveLed in that I like a lot. I may try some Frean Low Profile optics in it although the NX05s don't do much for it. Plenty of wash with a good hot spot. The thing about the EverLed is they are very versitile, I swap mine from flashlight to fglashlight all the time it just depends on what I am doing.
Edit: I forgot to mentiont the headlamp is just under six feet from the ceiling. This no Matrix!