Go Tribe!!

donn_

Flashaholic
Cleveland's regular season is over. We won our last game, and our last 10 games, to finish with home-field advantage for Wednesday's Wild Card Game, and just one game behind the division-winning Tigers (who finished their regular season today by being no-hit, and swept, by Miami).

Wednesday night's American League Wild Card Game will be the Tribe's first post-season appearance since 2007, when we beat the Yankees in the first playoff, and lost to Boston after winning the first 3 games. We'll play either Tampa Bay or Texas, depending on the outcome of today's Rangers-Angels game. Tampa has already won. If Texas wins today, they'll host Tampa tomorrow for a 'Play-in' game, and we'll face the winner.

If the Tribe gets through the Wild Card Game, we face Boston at Boston.

Today's winning pitcher, Ubaldo Jiminez, started 6 games in September and we won all 6. His ERA in those 6 starts was 1.09, with 51 strikeouts and 7 walks. He tied his career-high for 13 strikeouts today, in just 6 and 2/3 innings.

Cleveland went 21 and 6 in September.

Cleveland lost 94 games last year, and won 92 games this year.

GO TRIBE!!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My tribe handed Eli Manning his fourth consecutive loss, and is now 4-and-0 with most sacks in the NFL..

bth_kansas_city_chiefs_logo_175.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd like to see Cleveland make it to the Series. But what would be even better is to then see my Pirates beat them in four games. :poke:

Actually I'm amazed that the Bucs have had such a good season. It's about time. I'm afraid it may already be too late for the Steelers.

Good luck to both our teams.

Geoff

Capolini

Banned
Last time the Indians won the World series was 1948!! My Dad was a ball boy!

Cleveland is definitely a Championship starved City! Last one was the Browns in 1964,,,,,,b/4 Super bowls!

I was born in Cleveland and have lived in Phila. most of my life! Philly went 25 years[1983 the 76ers] without a major sports team championship until 2008 when the Phillies won!

Philly sports are back on the decline!

Go TRIBE!! Want to see my relatives happy,,,too much suffering!!:shrug:

donn_

Flashaholic
I was born in Indy, and spent a few decades just outside of Cleveland. I used to be one of the 1,000 fans in that huge stadium. I've been a fan since the mid-50's.

Tomorrow night will be awesome. 42K+ fans, all waving white rally towels.

Looks like Pittsburgh's got the NL WC tied up. How great would it be to see Cleveland vs Pittsburgh at the end of the year? Fat chance, but it would be epic!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Bucs Win! Bucs Win! One step closer to that match-up with the Tribe.

I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 50's and 60's. I can remember Maz's homer to beat the Yanks in the 60 Series. Didn't see it, but heard it on the radio. Since I was a first baseman in Little League, Dr. Strangeglove **** Stuart was my favorite, followed closely by Roberto, of course. What great memories of walking into Forbes Field for a game.

Geoff